Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USA Vision Assist Package for Pure
Starflyer

RE: USA Vision Assist Package for Pure

The demo I first drove was a coupe with the blind spot monitoring system. Since I really wasn't interested in a coupe, I didn't pay any attention to what else the vehicle had although I "think" in may have had GPS.

I was a bit disappointed when I found out only the coupe has the blind spot monitor. Still, I only wanted the 5 door so I sucked it up and forgot about the blind spot monitoring.

And yes, as of a few minutes ago, the online "build it yourself" still accepts a build with only the Vision Package. From the fact that 3 different dealers tried to special order a Pure and were told the order was rejected, one would assume the online build it yourself software has a bug.

Re a slightly different angle on factory orders. I really wanted to pickup my Evoque at the factory, drive it for about 2 weeks in the UK and then ship it back. Turns out that there is NO overseas pickups available from dealer orders placed in the US. However, the RR UK website clearly has an option for a US citizen to order and pickup a US model overseas. Why their UK website says this and the US dealers cannot order in this manner is a mystery to me. Reading between the lines, I suspect that IF I wanted to deal with a UK dealer, it might be possible to get a US model in the UK for later shipment back to the US. However, IMHO it would be a PITA to try to do this. Financing, shipping, insurance would all be risky deal to do it on my own.

I realize overall sales of RR vehicles in the US are probably very small in comparison to some of the other car companies that do have European pickups for US citizens ship back to the US after a short holiday. Because of this, I almost bought an Audi or a Mercedes to do offer these kind of purchases.
13-02-2012 01:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Xvoyag

Shipping back to the States is usually not a major hassle. LR UK has a discount program for US military sales, and surely a shipping solution for buyers on vacation in the UK. Suggest further research if you're planning to be in the UK on travel.
16-02-2012 04:59am
markdartj

You know, It occurs to me that there is a great difference in attitude between different dealers, and that really is a shame. Some seem to act all snobby, like they are doing you a big favor by letting you onto the lot. Others, and this is speaking from my own experience, are really helpful, informative, and willing to work with you to make a sale. Our experience went very well, and we ended up with a '14 Fuji White, with the brown and tan interior (tired of black), Pure Premium (I went in looking at the Pure Plus, but my better half, bless her soul, though I would be happier with the blind spot monitor: so she can forgo her assistant driving and sleep while I get on with the job). We had a much better time purchasing this car than when we visited the local Honda dealership, who basically ignored us until we drove away. After driving with all the options available on the Pure Premium, I am sure glad we went for it instead of the Plus. After four months, no problems, fully satisfied. The salesman even called a week after we bought the car, just to see how we were doing with it. Never had that happen before. Of course, this may have to do with all the Evoques on the lot back in May. (we were the only sale that day) I counted 15, in various trims. That really made it easy to compare trim levels. Anyone in Pacific Norhwest, Jaguar/LandRover of Seattle, in Lynnwood, is the place to go. Sounds like in a lot of places, one is lucky to be able to get a demo model to drive, then have to place an order. Happy motoring everyone.
06-09-2014 06:06am