Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
USA Vision Assist Package for Pure
Evoquer

USA Vision Assist Package for Pure

I've ordered a Pure Coupe two weeks ago and got a call from the dealer today. To my surprise and disappointment, the salesman is saying that I can't get the Vision Assist Package only without adding the Full Premium Package according to the factory contact. Without expressing any apology, he threw in two options: one is to upgrade to the full premium. The other is to drop the vision package and resubmit the order. The US Landrover website was(and still is) clearly showing that the vision assist package is a standalone option for both 2DR and 5DR pure model and *the salesman* went through the same configurator on that day, printed, and we both signed.

He asked me to come to the dealer today so that he can show whatever he got and I don't want to hear the same story from him. I want to stick to the original order that both had agreed upon. How should I deal with this? Both signed on the papers showing all the details of my order. How can they change the nature of the order now? This is a really frustrating experience and I need to make some decision soon. What are your thoughts?

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 05:04pm by Evoquer.)
06-02-2012 08:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
invoke

RE: USA Pure Vision Assist Package without HDD Navigation

Cancel the order and get something reliable. Just a wise advise.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
06-02-2012 08:59pm
J. Dub

RE: USA Pure Vision Assist Package without HDD Navigation

(06-02-2012 08:59pm)invoke Wrote:  Cancel the order and get something reliable. Just a wise advise.

In, what do you mean something more reliable... You mean the vehicle as a whole? Are they already falling apart?

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
07-02-2012 11:31am
slee18

RE: USA Vision Assist Package for Pure

Double check at another dealer. The one I test drove was a pure plus and had blind spot monitor. It wasnt for sure a premium cause the audio was the base system. I have 2800 miles and enjoying every mile Smile

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
08-02-2012 04:25am
chiggy

I'd check at another dealer if I was you..

It won't be listed as a separate pack if you have to combine it with another pack.

Maybe that's just the dealers way of trying to get more money from you by telling you its required.

It just doesn't make sense to me that in order for you to get one pack, you have to add another pack... individual options, yes thats possible... but not for a pack...

its called a pack because all those things in the pack are required to work together... (hope that makes sense)

it just doesn't make sense for a pack to have to be combined with another pack - because then why not just have one pack instead of separating it out!! that's just nonsense...
Find another dealer, maybe even in another state... and then go back to him and tell him to shove it!

Maybe call another dealer in another state and check? And from what I know - there's no "factory contact". The dealer submits the order and if there's an issue with the order then the order gets rejected with comments and goes back to the dealer prior to re-submission.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 04:44am by chiggy.)
08-02-2012 04:41am
Evoquer

So, I called two different dealerships and asked the same question - 'Can I add Vision Pkg only without Premium Pkg on my Pure Coupe?' Both salesmen were very confident and said 'Yes, you CAN'. Then, I asked them to try sending the order to the factory. About half an hour later, both came back with a negative answer 'Sorry, the order is being rejected'. Twisted Evil

I see two serious problems in Land Rover Sales system (at least that of United States).

Firstly, the website is creating tremendous confusion to the innocent customers like myself. As a matter of fact, the Vision Package itself is still selectable in the website. A big package and not a small option is fooling the customers. A General Sales Manager's excuse was "We are just a very small company unlike Audi or BMW and the website can contain outdated information." It really takes 5 minuets for a junior programmer to fix it, I was thinking.

Secondly, this kind of problem should have caught by the dealer right away or better yet the Head office should have delivered this info to all of its sales network instead of letting customer to face the 'order rejection'. Up until now, the salesman never apologized but instead offered the return of the deposit if I don't want to pursue. Basically, I've been treated like "Go away, we still have plenty of customers to come and buy".

One thing I am not sure is whether this change (dropping the Vision package) was made recently or it has been like this since its launch in the States. Please reply to this thread if anyone in the States has Pure with Vision Package as a standalone option, and if so, indicate when the purchase date was.

Even though I am very disappointed, I still like to own an Evoque - it's a great car. I am just thinking about what to do with my order .....

Evoque Coupe, Pure, Fuji white, Ebony, Climate Pkg, and US Pure Premium pkg

[Image: event.png]
(This post was last modified: 08-02-2012 06:06am by Evoquer.)
08-02-2012 06:03am
slee18

Im not sure if this one has blind spot or not but you can call this dealer. this has the vision package because it has xenon headlight and no Nav. which is what i believe what you wanted.

http://www.haronmotorsales.com/new/Land%...98993.htm#

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
08-02-2012 08:49pm
RonnieNavani

Call up LR head office and make an official complaint!
LR need to listen to their customers! And unfortunatley, the only way they do is through a complaint.

Worked for me in Australia.
Oh yes, and make sure to tell them about the misleading information on their website and it's very deceptive conduct.

Brands are not allowed to mislead or falsely advertise or provide any incorrect information on a product which they sell.

An in this case you win! They are misleading the general americian public, by falsely promoting.

Delivered - FUJI WHITE > EBONT BLACK > SD4 DYNAMIC > PANO ROOF > RSE > SAT NAV > FPD > PWR TAILGATE > 19" Style 4 Wheels and a few others..

[/color]www.swapdeals.com.au
(This post was last modified: 09-02-2012 12:57am by RonnieNavani.)
09-02-2012 12:52am
BFGEvoqueMan

(08-02-2012 08:49pm)slee18 Wrote:  Im not sure if this one has blind spot or not but you can call this dealer. this has the vision package because it has xenon headlight and no Nav. which is what i believe what you wanted.

http://www.haronmotorsales.com/new/Land%...98993.htm#

Or TOPIX the VIN??

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
09-02-2012 09:24am
chiggy

wow. that I dont understand - although having said that I have only specced a Pure in Australia so never really got into this pack must require this pack etc etc etc.

that's pretty ridiculous though... seems LR USA are trying to make some money?

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
09-02-2012 09:49am