Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
US Mileage
provoque

US Mileage

If you are tracking the real mileage you are getting on the Evoque, please post it here.
Specify model and type of gas you are using.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 03:33am by provoque.)
01-11-2011 04:03am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slee18

RE: US Mileage

I'm getting like 21-22mpg but I have about 600 miles on it
10-12-2011 05:44am
RoverMD

US Mileage

21 mpg, 500 miles. But I have sat in my garage with the engine running a few times playing with the stereo etc., which I'm sure hurt it too.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
11-12-2011 05:27am
exigejoe

Had mines since oct 9 and have about 2534 miles and averaging 18.4-22mpg and use shell v power

Lotus Exige (aspen white) with VF supercharger kit, 413hp, 366lb/ft
Range Rover Evoque in fuji white and almond/espresso interior
2013 Audi A7 3.0T supercharged
11-12-2011 05:49am
eastrnma

After 2 tanks of fuel, getting 20.5 mpg. Was hoping to get 24 average, but it's so fun to drive that apparently my driving style doesn't lend itself to efficient fuel consumption. :/

Have been using Premium (93) fuel, but I've heard that using a lower octane might yield better mileage. Any thoughts?
27-12-2011 07:54pm
lngrn36

(27-12-2011 07:54pm)eastrnma Wrote:  After 2 tanks of fuel, getting 20.5 mpg. Was hoping to get 24 average, but it's so fun to drive that apparently my driving style doesn't lend itself to efficient fuel consumption. :/

Have been using Premium (93) fuel, but I've heard that using a lower octane might yield better mileage. Any thoughts?

Yes. Don't void your warranty and chance ruining your engine for some minimal mileage gain. Anybody that tells you to put something other than what the manufacturer says probably owns a shop and somewhere down the road wants to take your money.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
27-12-2011 10:33pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rsmphoto

Actually, you won't void the warranty. The owner's manual says it's perfectly ok to use lower octane fuels down to 87, but you'll likely get a bit lower gas mileage and attenuated performance. 23 mpg avg on my Dynamic.

(27-12-2011 10:33pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Yes. Don't void your warranty and chance ruining your engine for some minimal mileage gain. Anybody that tells you to put something other than what the manufacturer says probably owns a shop and somewhere down the road wants to take your money.
23-01-2012 11:03pm
lngrn36

(23-01-2012 11:03pm)rsmphoto Wrote:  Actually, you won't void the warranty. The owner's manual says it's perfectly ok to use lower octane fuels down to 87, but you'll likely get a bit lower gas mileage and attenuated performance. 23 mpg avg on my Dynamic.

Really? I've never got over 21 using premium. We had this same discussion on the VROD mad by Harley on a different forum, my bad.
My gas cap says premium only...
If my Evoque was here I would look in the manual myself.

But, one question please.
What is the alleged benefit to using cheaper and more combustible gas in an all aluminum performance engine?

Update. I have reviewed the manual. It clearly outlines using 91 octane or higher. Where I live that means 93. It does allow for 87 or higher, maybe in a situation where that all you can buy while on a trip in an unfamiliar area. However it tells you that performance AND mileage will suffer. It then goes on to tell you that if you develope a knock even with 91 (as you surely will using less than 91) the it qualifies as "misuse". That's a polite wording of VOID WARRANTY.
I still don't see any reason. Save money? Why not buy a Toyota if you can't afford the fuel this vehicle requires? Not to mention worse fuel mileage!

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 25-01-2012 06:30pm by lngrn36.)
25-01-2012 01:28am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RoverMD

US Mileage

I am stuck on 13, all city driving, 850 miles

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
25-01-2012 03:41am
rsmphoto

(25-01-2012 01:28am)lngrn36 Wrote:  Really? I've never got over 21 using premium. We had this same discussion on the VROD mad by Harley on a different forum, my bad.
My gas cap says premium only...
If my Evoque was here I would look in the manual myself.

But, one question please.
What is the alleged benefit to using cheaper and more combustible gas in an all aluminum performance engine?

Update. I have reviewed the manual. It clearly outlines using 91 octane or higher. Where I live that means 93. It does allow for 87 or higher, maybe in a situation where that all you can buy while on a trip in an unfamiliar area. However it tells you that performance AND mileage will suffer. It then goes on to tell you that if you develope a knock even with 91 (as you surely will using less than 91) the it qualifies as "misuse". That's a polite wording of VOID WARRANTY.
I still don't see any reason. Save money? Why not buy a Toyota if you can't afford the fuel this vehicle requires? Not to mention worse fuel mileage!

Agreed. Zero benefit in using lower octane. When you look at annual fuel consumption, say about 1000 gal/yr, you'd only save a few hundred dollars by using something lower. 93 certainly is the proper grade. Just pointing out that lower octane is not prohibited by LR and is stated as such in the manual, so in an emergency there exists an allowed alterative, and goes without saying that "knocking" requires (as it always has) immediate attention, at the least octane change.
27-01-2012 04:20pm