Delivery Timeframe
Other
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
US Interest
wrtau23

US Interest

Based on this board and searching for information about US orders/deliveries on the internet, it seems the US interest is not so great.

Am I missing something or is it due to the size, engine, cost, later delivery dates, etc?

Although I would prefer to have a car that isn't as popular as others (bmw's, mb, RRS, etc). The lack of interest has me concerned with RRE retaining its value in the US.
10-08-2011 06:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: US Interest

Just wait till the word gets out, once all the stars know that Mrs Beckham has one they will be leaving their Priuses in droves for Evoques!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-08-2011 06:42pm
Blackseries

US Economy?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
10-08-2011 07:44pm
brucewinter

I am totally interested. I will be doing a test ride on August 18. Cannot wait

Received December 16, 2011: fuji white prestige 5 door, tan/ivory/espresso interior, 20" alloy wheels style 7
10-08-2011 08:43pm
alsaamike

Also interested. Got to drive one and was impressed, but not overawed. The big issue as I see it, is that a Prestige or Dynamic is priced in the mid/upper $50's. Looks like all US models will be 4wd with the Meridian sound and glass ceiling, and also no diesel engines on the horizon (thank you to the state of California and their emission standards). Weak US$ exchange rate is probably impacting the pricing, to enable LR/RR to make an acceptable return. We had hoped to replace our Mini Cooper S with the Evoque, but when the time came to buy there was no Evoque. Got a new model F25 BMW X3 35i Msport with all the boxes ticked for less than either a Dynamic or Prestige. There is a lot to choose from at or just below the Evoque price point, particularly the Dynamic and Prestige. Also, the RRS HSE is only about $10,000 more!!!
10-08-2011 10:05pm
wrtau23

My test drive is scheduled for tomorrow. Seems like the lack of interest is a mix of things. Agree that the RRS is so close in price, but there is a big difference in mpg.
10-08-2011 10:22pm
vision*R

Based in this board, interest in Belgium (or any other country outside of the UK) is not so great either. Internet forums are not representative.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
10-08-2011 10:25pm
berlin2011

Just got back from the official launch event in SA (very nice event btw - first hands on, sit in and general ogling of the car in the flesh). I spent quite some time talking to the marketing manager of LR in SA. They've already sold 450 cars and have an annual target of 1,700.

That may not seem like all that much but considering they sell less than 100 RR's (Sport and FF) per month, they are targeting two RRE's sold for every one other RR.

So in SA the sales appear very robust already and they are very optimistic.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
10-08-2011 11:54pm
Charlie
No Longer Registered

Bet you knew your stuff talking to them. Still pleased now you've seen it Berlin?
11-08-2011 05:27am
berlin2011

(11-08-2011 05:27am)Charlie Wrote:  Bet you knew your stuff talking to them. Still pleased now you've seen it Berlin?

Like a cat that got the creamVery Happy

Of course I HAD to raise OG and then the Marketing Manager HAD to regale me with "The whole Stornoway thing is actually a really interesting story… there is this factory in Japan, the only one in the world that makes these flakes" bla bla blaLaughing I let him finish his story for the benefit of my date for the evening.

They had two cars on show, the poster child Firenze Dynamic with Black contrast roof and Red Plus interior and 20" Style 7 Shadow Chrome wheels and then a Black Prestige with black interior - thought that to be an odd choice the black on black thing with the really bling Style 8 20" wheels.

So sadly could not actually do a real world Dynamic dash vs Prestige Dash comparison since the Dynamic was the Plus version.

Still, loved the cars, took my time inside both, played with the toys and was just generally really impressed with how solid everything felt, the reassuring sound when you close the door, the heaviness of the rear seats when you fold them then etc. Very Solid I thought.

So all that's left now is to phone my dealer every day to ask if it's there yetLaughingLaughing

PS.

The Prestige was a TD4 (not bound for the SA market, we only get Si4 and SD4) but did note with interest the TD4 only had a single exhaust - see photo.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
(This post was last modified: 11-08-2011 01:13pm by berlin2011.)
11-08-2011 01:12pm