Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UK dealers worthy of recommendation
Janesy24

RE: UK dealers worthy of recommendation

I would have been totally put off if I had had some of the experiences I've seen on here. It totally baffles me! There's a possibility of someone spending at least £30,000 in your showroom and to not give a shit baffles me, how do some of these places stay in business!
22-11-2012 09:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Mag1c_dragon

I have just sold my RRE. Dealt with 4 different dealer from 4 different groups in that time - and they were all shocking!

We have just bought an Audi and the customer service from them was head and shoulders above LR. First and last time LR owner

Ordered June 11, Built - 24th November - Delivered - 7th Dec - NO DELAYS

Fuji White SD4 Dynamic, Auto, 5 Door, Black contrast roof with Panoramic Sunroof, Vortex Interior, Shadow Alloys, Ebony Roof Liner, Surround Cameras, TPMS Very Happy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnrampton/6495208095/
29-11-2012 08:06am
muff

UK dealers worthy of recommendation

I had a great experience with Shields Glasgow. It's all about people and David Allen in sales was absolutely professional to deal with. He's fairly new and he is bringing this dealer up to where they should be with customer service.
29-11-2012 08:53pm
Straydox

Guy Salmon in Stratford Upon Avon, excellent.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
29-11-2012 10:50pm
cjfp

(29-11-2012 10:50pm)Straydox Wrote:  Guy Salmon in Stratford Upon Avon, excellent.

Well, they haven't answered my email about upcoming first service !

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-11-2012 10:55pm
Straydox

(29-11-2012 10:55pm)cjfp Wrote:  Well, they haven't answered my email about upcoming first service !

They have been too busy fixing my car to do email! I do have a bunch of dealership contacts, PM me if you wish....

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
29-11-2012 11:14pm
cjfp

(29-11-2012 11:14pm)Straydox Wrote:  They have been too busy fixing my car to do email! I do have a bunch of dealership contacts, PM me if you wish....

Many thanks but I've emailed all the dealers around me - I just emailed GS SuA due to recommendations on here.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
29-11-2012 11:17pm
Evo-king

I can't find the post now, but someone recently picked up their car and had a fantastic buying experience and customer service from Hillendale Land Rover.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-11-2012 10:15pm
Tulabb

Collected mine today having ordered in mid July this year - ed4 pure / santorini / tech pack / folding mirrors / rear camera. I ordered through guy salmon Portsmouth and Simon was our dealer. Great guy who kept me updated over the last few months and I have been chasing him every 2 weeks and he would always reply to my emails / returns my calls.
Overall smooth handover lasted just over an hour. He knew i was nervous about driving away (i kimda forgot how big the car was) so he offered to have a quick drive around with me so i would get use to the car. My car was delivered to me in the showroom covered and I had the fun part of pulling off the covers! Got 7 days drive away free insurance, land rover experience voucher, hamper pack with lots of chocs inside and a quarter fuel tank.

Not had too much time to drive around yet - I had to head back to work after the handover and my hubby took the car for rest of the day!

So far so good....Surprised:
30-11-2012 10:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Glad it all ended up going well. Has hubby returned for the test drive yet? A bit surprised that the hand-over was only an hour, it should have been longer than that.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2012 02:21pm by XFullFatTim.)
01-12-2012 02:14pm