Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
UK dealers worthy of recommendation
xxxx5

RE: UK dealers worthy of recommendation

(19-12-2011 09:02pm)jonty Wrote:  Hillendale at Junction 12 on the M65 in Lancashire are the best dealership I have dealt with in 30 yeras

You must be having a laugh, I went in to make a enquiry, they wouldnt give me the time of day. I am still waiting for the sales women to return my call. Would never step into there showroom again.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
19-12-2011 11:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Louie

The one thing I would say about this thread is that there are very few posts with recommendations of dealers is it something that JLR need to address as the service across the country seams very poor.

Pure SD4 Firenze Red, manual with tech pack, pano roof, auto dimming rear view mirror, xenons & fogs
Delivered Very HappyVery Happy[/font]
19-12-2011 11:37pm
LDT

(19-12-2011 11:37pm)Louie Wrote:  The one thing I would say about this thread is that there are very few posts with recommendations of dealers is it something that JLR need to address as the service across the country seams very poor.

+1. Out of interest, did you purchase your RRE from the local dealer? I ask as I am located near you.

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
20-12-2011 12:22am
jonty

(19-12-2011 11:23pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  You must be having a laugh, I went in to make a enquiry, they wouldnt give me the time of day. I am still waiting for the sales women to return my call. Would never step into there showroom again.

Can only comment from my personal experience.

Arrived September 16th 2011 - Prestige 5 door SD4 Auto in Orkney Grey
20-12-2011 02:59pm
iced_07

(19-12-2011 11:23pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  You must be having a laugh, I went in to make a enquiry, they wouldnt give me the time of day. I am still waiting for the sales women to return my call. Would never step into there showroom again.

I agree, i got exactly the same reception. Enquired in person to arrange a test drive. Told all the sales people were busy, so they took details to phone back to arrange. Still waiting for the call over a month later. Ordered elsewhere a few weeks later. Woeful attitude in my opinion
21-12-2011 01:07am
Daglass

Encouraging to see so many positive reports about dealer experiences on here.
Can't say I'll be recommending my dealer to anyone sadly but at least my car has arrived and I'm happy with it - it will be going elsewhere for service however

Pure 5 Door, SD4, Orkney Grey, Pano Roof, Style 6 Alloys, Front Sensors, Rear Camera, Fogs, Tailgate
Ordered - October 15 2011
Built - March 30 2012
Delivery - April 18 2012
Sold - December 24 2014
07-06-2012 10:47am
SimonS

I'd like to put in a good word for Morrisons in Stirling. It is a breath of fresh air to deal with a family owned company rather than the usual corporate multiples. Excellent service from a team that care about customer service and keeping the customer for the future rather than the usual target driven stealers.

SD4 Manual Prestige/Baltic Blue/PSR/Privacy glass/heated Steering wheel/spare.
07-06-2012 11:11am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

+1 Simon, Morrison's of Stirling are my local dealership and i brought 5 cars through them over 10 years. I still use them for servicing and IMHO they are unbeatable on that front. I had a better offer on the purchase of a new RRS 5 years ago from Lookers Park Royal and that is why I use them for purchasing new cars, but if Allan Morrison and his team made me a better offer on a new car then I would be back like a shot. First rate dealership experience on both the sales and servicing at both Morrisons and LPR though.
There are 2 outlets I will not even cross the showroom threshold of in Scotland they were so rude to me as an existing LR customer - Shields in Glasgow - absolutely awful experience when I had an appointment made weeks earlier to have a test drive of a V8iES Disco2, appeared for the test drive to be totally ignored by everybody in the showroom, even the receptionist who was too busy to attend to me as she was eating her packet of crisps and supping a can of iron bru...... the sales staff were similarly occupied and I considered that business must been so good for them they didn't need to sell me a top of the range Disco2 and I went to Morrisons of Stirling instead.
The other is Taggarts Motherwell....................... another bunch of disinterested sales persons who even told me they thought I could not afford to buy a new Defender, despite having parked outside their showroom in a few months old FFRR!
Stratstone Perth have always been very attentive but I have always been offered better deals elsewhere - at least they treat you like a customer should be treated unlike Taggarts Motherwell and Shields.
Taggarts Maryhill Road in Glasgow have also always been very attentive whenever I have been into their showroom.

For those in Central Scotland who don't want to use a franchised service outlet for servicing once their car has fallen out of warranty then I can recommend GEMM at Larbert. They are a small company of land Rover enthusiasts (one of their staff is the Chairman of the Scottish Land Rover Owners Club and their MD is the ex Chairman, several of their staff compete in all the LR offroad racing events too) - they look after my Defender when it needs work on it and have very reasonable prices - sometimes genuine LR parts are cheaper from them than up the road at Morrison's too!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 09-06-2012 09:56am by XFullFatTim.)
09-06-2012 09:51am
SINGHY

I had excellent service from Farnell Bradford, I know others on this forum had a different experience but I can only go on how I was treated. In fact I only popped in to Farnells whilst my Audi was being serviced and enquirer about the Evoque last August (unaware that it hadn't yet been launched), they invited me to the launch, provided me with lots of info, went out of the way with the test drive and kept me informed of progress once I'd placed the order. The handover was thorough and the car was immaculately presented with a full tank of fuel.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
09-06-2012 01:23pm
BTS18

Westover Land Rover, Christchurch, Dorset. (Stuart Hall).

Great service, always kept informed of what was happening at every stage. They delivered the new car in under 3 months and the handover was superb.

Best new car experience I have ever had!!!

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-OG-Presti...-Headliner

5dr Prestige SD4 Auto, Style 5 Wheels, Orkney Grey, Element Interior, Cirrus Headliner, Lux pk, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Spare Wheel.

Ordered: 07/02/12. Build Date: 21/04/12. Delivered: 27/04/12
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2012 12:52pm by BTS18.)
10-06-2012 12:51pm