Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tyre Pressure info
Jad22

Tyre Pressure info

Hi, sorry if I'm being a bit thick (don't answer that) but how does the tyre pressure info work. I've got the SD4 Pure tech Auto. I click for the instrument Panel Main Menu and I can see the greyed out Vehicle Info section at the bottom of the list when I am driving. When I stop the car, engine running (parked) its still greyed out. When I stop the engine and just use ignition without starting the engine I can use the function but only see the expected psi pressures not the actual pressures. I thought I should see two numbers for each wheel, top one is the actual, and the bottom one is the expected.
Can anyone help please. Cheers.

Delivered 03/01/2019//SE Auto/Red/Black Pano roof/Front Fogs/Power fold Mirrors/Electric Gesture Tailgate/Rear Camera/heated steering wheel/privacy rear windows/.
I'm mature owner, had a few cars and this is the best drive yet!
17-02-2015 05:39pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Re: Tyre Pressure info

Mine just shows what the tyre pressures should be but does not show what they actually are?

Hope this helps!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 17-02-2015 11:02pm by ceebee.)
17-02-2015 11:02pm
genericd

Tyre Pressure info

As far as I know the tpm system in our cars is only smart enough to detect a sudden drop in pressure. I don't think it's accurate enough to give actual pressures. Of course I could be wrong [emoji16]
17-02-2015 11:05pm
CbStones

RE: Tyre Pressure info

No When the car is stationary you should be able to see actual and recommended pressures on MY2015 cars anyway!!

C
17-02-2015 11:14pm
genericd

Tyre Pressure info

Like I said, I'm often wrong. Although it doesn't seem to be the case on my 2012
17-02-2015 11:24pm
Jad22

Hi, thanks for all the responses. The other day using the function I tried to see the psi while driving. It worked but only for a while and it showed the actual but not the recommended readings. Clicking off the menu and back on again the function was again greyed out.
Conclusion to me is that it does work, I just need to find out how. The manual is a little useless, so trial and error I suppose.
Cheers

Delivered 03/01/2019//SE Auto/Red/Black Pano roof/Front Fogs/Power fold Mirrors/Electric Gesture Tailgate/Rear Camera/heated steering wheel/privacy rear windows/.
18-02-2015 10:30am
Jad22

Hi again, I have now managed to make this work. The engine needs to be OFF and the ignition ON. BUT the car must have travelled a few miles before the sensors will transmit the data.
I went for a 5 mile drive today then parked the car, turned off the engine and then turned on the ignition. The Vehicle info feature was available and the tyre pressure info showed all tyres with both 'actual' and 'recommended'. So, it seems to work but you need to travel a little distance first. Cheers.

18-02-2015 08:47pm
ceebee

Re: Tyre Pressure info

Jade22, that's something I am definitely going to try as I didn't realise that it shows actual pressure also!

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
18-02-2015 11:22pm
HotLap

Great info, I had that question as well!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
04-03-2015 06:35pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

2011 to 2013MY cars have a different system, the now compulsory system, gives much more info than the original optional system ever did. Basically the old system only told you anything if the tyre was loosing pressure, the new one gives the actual pressure and what it should be on the screen

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-03-2015 06:44pm