Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Two Software upgrades at annual service today
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Two Software upgrades at annual service today

I took the Evoque in for it's first service today and had to sign for two TSB upgrades - another transmission software upgrade and one for the Battery Management System - apparently owners of RRS2 and 2014MY Evoques have been complaining about batteries not holding charge! I hope that the upgrade doesn't turn out to be a downgrade for me as I have no complaints at all about the battery life on my current Evoque.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-03-2015 01:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gjh0702

RE: Two Software upgrades at annual service today

(12-03-2015 01:48pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I took the Evoque in for it's first service today and had to sign for two TSB upgrades - another transmission software upgrade and one for the Battery Management System - apparently owners of RRS2 and 2014MY Evoques have been complaining about batteries not holding charge! I hope that the upgrade doesn't turn out to be a downgrade for me as I have no complaints at all about the battery life on my current Evoque.

Mine is in tomorrow first service - be interested to see If I get upgrades and if any 'noticeable' difference
I have had no problems with 9 speed box but have read stories about upgrades causing hassle

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
12-03-2015 05:40pm
Nowaytk

No battery problems with mine, maybe it's the early ones?

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
12-03-2015 06:00pm
urayamu

I purchased my 2015 RR Evoque on January and I recently got a letter from the dealership to bring it in for Service Action Q450 (9 Speed automatic transmission calibration). I did notice the shifting to be a bit sluggish (used to have a Infiniti FX50S) so I'm crossing my fingers that this service would calibrate the shifting to a tee. I'll let you guys know my impression once I have come back from the dealership this weekend.

Cheers.
12-03-2015 07:12pm
PhilSkill

Early one, Oct 2011 here, no service Actions shown, and No Battery problems either!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
12-03-2015 09:30pm
XFullFatTim

One thing I don't understand is that I have had no issues with the battery on this car, unlike the first one. The 9 speed gearbox was fantastic until the last "upgrade" which caused me loads of problems including, I'm sure of it, the destruction of the DPF sensor, but the various fixes by the local dealership seemed to have cured them. Tonight driving the car home after the service I couldn't notice any difference to the gear changes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 12-03-2015 11:14pm by XFullFatTim.)
12-03-2015 11:13pm
Stevemac1

Mine's a 13MY, have had constant battery low / gearbox fault / system will shut down in 1 minute warnings. Took the dealers charger home one night for a full charge using their own equipment, and next morning surprise surprise "low battery"... Drove straight to Parks LR and their diagnostics showed 67% charge in the battery. The car just sat in the drive overnight, it was fully charged from 10pm according to their charger...Angling for a new battery now.

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
13-03-2015 11:29am
XFullFatTim

Land Rover Assist got called out I think 3 times in the winter of 2011/2012 to my last Evoque. On the 3rd occassion LRCS and LRA arranged for it to be trailered to the local dealership and they did a software upgrade to the BMS and replaced the 2nd replacement battery with what they called an Absorbed Glass Mat battery, after that I had no more problems. I was surprised to be told that my current car (a 2014MY) also needed a BMS software upgrade as it sat for 6 weeks unused this winter between December and mid January, and it started first press of the starter with no warnings or alarms and even in the last few weeks when it has been pretty cold battery charge is not a problem. I anticipation I even invested in the LR accessory battery conditioner for this winter but never used it!

(This post was last modified: 13-03-2015 11:56am by XFullFatTim.)
13-03-2015 11:56am
Gjh0702

(12-03-2015 05:40pm)Gjh0702 Wrote:  Mine is in tomorrow first service - be interested to see If I get upgrades and if any 'noticeable' difference
I have had no problems with 9 speed box but have read stories about upgrades causing hassle

Collected car from 1st Service, only Gearbox software updated
First impressions not as smooth as it used to be- but will give it time / miles to see how it goes

Prestige 5 door ,my 2014,Loire Blue, Silver Roof, Panoramic roof, privacy glass, 20in Alloy style 7
13-03-2015 09:38pm
Gjh0702

(13-03-2015 09:38pm)Gjh0702 Wrote:  Collected car from 1st Service, only Gearbox software updated
First impressions not as smooth as it used to be- but will give it time / miles to see how it goes

Now done 100 + miles after Gearbox software- much prefer Pre upgrade, up changes not as smooth indeed one is very 'harsh' .
Lets hope version 3 is out quickly !!

15-03-2015 03:39pm