Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
Tuning box?
cjfp

RE: Tuning box?

All I did was pick up on the word "our" for heavens sake and then asked a civil question!
And, aussieevoque, as with all the posts, if you don't like any of what I post then don't read them. I do try to make all my posts contribute without any personal comments. We are only human.

I'm also sure that if Martin was unhappy with what I do or write then he would reprimand me and take my mod status away.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2012 12:15am by cjfp.)
14-01-2012 12:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aussievoque

(14-01-2012 12:11am)cjfp Wrote:  All I did was pick up on the word "our" for heavens sake and then asked a civil question!
And, aussieevoque, as with all the posts, if you don't like any of what I post then don't read them. I do try to make all my posts contribute without any personal comments. We are only human.

I'm also sure that if Martin was unhappy with what I do or write then he would reprimand me and take my mod status away.

Nice tantrum!

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
14-01-2012 05:45am
lrdaft

Back on to the subject have you done enough miles to notice any improvement in mpg?

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
14-01-2012 03:17pm
cutter7

(14-01-2012 03:17pm)lrdaft Wrote:  Back on to the subject have you done enough miles to notice any improvement in mpg?

Planning a longer journey tomorrow.

It is showing so far, that when i drive using heavy acceleration (where I'm able to in town) i see a return of 27-28 MPG.

My latest trial was a steady drive from town onto motorway doing 70-90 MPH for say about 20 miles, and my reading then was showing at it's best 39.2 this same journey before the CRTD2 was fitted, the reading would show about 36 MPG! good so farVery Happy

After tomorrow's longer drive, town and motorway i will see if there are any further gains..

14-01-2012 08:36pm
ytshome

I appreciate your updates Cutter. When I read your post containing the word "our" I did also momentarily wonder but as soon as I read the end of the post and saw the link to the website I assumed it was the company that you had dealt with FAQs. So keep up the good work, I for one think its an interesting thread and lets be honest, lots of them aren't.

Arrived. Prestige SD4 Auto 5DR OG September 11
14-01-2012 09:43pm
Aussievoque

+1. Very keen to follow this thread so please keep updating. Sounds very promising so far Thumbs Up

2012 TD4 - Firenze - White leather - Style 6 - Panoramic roof - Keyless Entry - Bi-Xenons - Clearview - Navigation
15-01-2012 02:49am
spif888

I have read this thread with much interest and am intrigued by the impressive improvement a "mere" tuning box can make.

Excuse my ignorance but is there a catch?

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
15-01-2012 03:11am
ED209

Does a tuning box affect the readout for mpg, I mean does it still remain accurate? As you are fiddling with fuel/air/boost etc does this knock the calibration of the fuel computer out? From personal experience mpg readings are not very accurate anyway.

It would be interesting to see the calculated figures for mpg over a full tank before judgement is passed.
15-01-2012 08:10am
cutter7

(15-01-2012 03:11am)spif888 Wrote:  I have read this thread with much interest and am intrigued by the impressive improvement a "mere" tuning box can make.

Excuse my ignorance but is there a catch?

I think that question should answered by TDI Tuning you can contact them on their web site.

I can only give feedback on my results, and so far I'm very pleased with this purchase.

Hope this helps..

15-01-2012 10:14am
lrdaft

In my experience tuning boxes fool the mpg computer as they are after the ecu has done it's fueling calculations best to check with the " diesel on the shoes" methodRolling Eyes

Pure sd4 auto Fuji cirrus
15-01-2012 10:51am