Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trivett sold to Inchcape
Filski

Trivett sold to Inchcape

Trivet as a dealership of over 20 dealers was sold to Inchcape today for $116m. Inchcape controls Hunters Landrover in the UK amongst others.

Anybody have any comments about what to expect in terms of service levels?
20-02-2013 10:08am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
xxxx5

RE: Trivett sold to Inchcape

God help you. i have purchased and used Hunters for servicing in the UK (Preston, lancashire). Very poor service, lack basic customer service relationship skills. Lets hope the Oz dealers are better run.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
20-02-2013 05:14pm
Amadeus

Very interesting development - don't have any experience with them but is one to watch as Trivett are my closest LR dealer so that's where it will go for servicing.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
20-02-2013 06:40pm
Tibstar

Not surprised at all...Trivett Parramatta was the worst dealer that I have ever dealt with in Sydney....they lost my deal and I'm glad that they got bought over!!!
23-02-2013 08:56am
SEC

I bought mine from Trivett at Parramatta and it was a mistake.

Sadly I had cause to take it back for a warranty call, to address a rattle, I was told I was imaging it - since then, the car has been almost rebuilt by Alto only for the problem to continue/ recur.

Bought 2 previous VW Passats from Denlo (also Inchape) - never an issue, so this might be an OK development, but too late for them to ever get my business in the future.

Pure, SD4, Fuji White, 5 Door, Ebony Leather, Pano Roof, Reverse Camera , Clearview, Pure Tech and Cold Climate packs, Privacy Glass, Rear Vents.

Delivered 21 September 2012 and the damn thing wont stop rattling ................
04-03-2013 03:18am
Amadeus

(04-03-2013 03:18am)SEC Wrote:  I bought mine from Trivett at Parramatta and it was a mistake.
Sadly I had cause to take it back for a warranty call, to address a rattle, I was told I was imaging it - since then, the car has been almost rebuilt by Alto only for the problem to continue/ recur.
Bought 2 previous VW Passats from Denlo (also Inchape) - never an issue, so this might be an OK development, but too late for them to ever get my business in the future.

Sad sorry to hear of your woes. We bought a Disco TDi from TP years ago and never had any problems - mind you, never really went back for issues as it doesn't have the electronics on it cars have these days! We shall see how they perform under new ownership when and if I use them going forward.

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
04-03-2013 07:02am
Biker

I don't think one can blame the dealer for a manufacturers mistake. Or say one is good or bad based on the type of car you buy that had manufacturers problems.
What they can be blamed for is for failing to fix the issues that does come up as they have the distribution rights and obligations that come with it.

TD4 180 HSE MY17 Fuji White
04-03-2013 08:28am
Filski

Trivett sold to Inchcape

Thinking the service has already gone downhill, if it wasn't good before...

My evoque has been unloaded since last Monday. I've been trying to get details about delivery dates and a few things like hitch size for a bike rack and my emails are being ignored. I dropped roof racks off on Monday and the guy I've been dealing with admitted he didn't know much about towing but couldn't ask anyone... This doesn't bode well... He also said the dealership don't have the car yet, still in compliance testing and no eta. Surely he just needs to ask the stock manager. My bet is they are waiting for a few more to be delivered to justify getting a truck to bring it to the dealership.

I can see a couple of higher specced cars on carsales for around the same price. Starting to consider asking for my deposit back.
06-03-2013 06:45am