Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Trip Distance Question
Big G

Trip Distance Question

I may be missing something and I have read the manual and done as instructed:

Press the TRIP button on the end of the left column stalk repeatedly to display the trip data in the following order:
  1. Date and odometer.
  2. distance.
  3. speed.
  4. fuel consumption.
  5. fuel economy.

To reset the displayed trip data, press and hold the TRIP button.

TRIP DISTANCE
Distance travelled since the last memory reset. The maximum trip reading is 9 999.9 (kilometres or miles). The computer will automatically reset to zero if this distance is exceeded.

However I never seem to be able to display the actual mileage done for start to finish on a particular trip.

I never am able to see trip distance as in (2) above?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
29-08-2012 09:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Trip Distance Question

I can't answer this completely from memory, but, the car has a Trip A setting and a trip B setting, I only ever reset trip B for measurement either between refilling or for particular journey measurements.

I leave trip A for overall car life figures.

If you hold down the reset button for about 3 secs everything in B goes back to zero.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
29-08-2012 07:25pm
defender_uk

(29-08-2012 09:58am)Big G Wrote:  I may be missing something and I have read the manual and done as instructed:

Press the TRIP button on the end of the left column stalk repeatedly to display the trip data in the following order:
  1. Date and odometer.
  2. distance.
  3. speed.
  4. fuel consumption.
  5. fuel economy.

To reset the displayed trip data, press and hold the TRIP button.

TRIP DISTANCE
Distance travelled since the last memory reset. The maximum trip reading is 9 999.9 (kilometres or miles). The computer will automatically reset to zero if this distance is exceeded.

However I never seem to be able to display the actual mileage done for start to finish on a particular trip.

I never am able to see trip distance as in (2) above?

If you want the trip per journey, then set the trip to the auto option in the settings o the steering wheel.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
29-08-2012 08:14pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barneyridge

Yep, have to switch from trip a or b to auto. The readings for the various options will apply from the start of that journey

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
29-08-2012 11:01pm
Big G

(29-08-2012 11:01pm)Barneyridge Wrote:  Yep, have to switch from trip a or b to auto. The readings for the various options will apply from the start of that journey

Thanks guys - have done that on auto, Trip A and B but when I toggle the trip function using the button,
it displays everything - EXCEPT no of KM travelled? Checked again this morning !!

Maybe dye my hair blonde ?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Collected !! 18/02/2012
Prestige Coupe SD4 Sumatra Black, Spirit interior, Pano roof , Heated seats, Privacy, Rear vents, Rear camera,Manual & style 5 19s. Not Prestige mats, 54 miles in tank when collected.
30-08-2012 09:53am
Evo-king

Just looked at both Trip A & Trip B readings. Scrolled through both, A shows total miles 1700, B shows 253 miles from last reset.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
30-08-2012 10:01am