Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trim falling off......
Belvoirbloke

RE: Trim falling off......

My car prior to my current Freelander was a pre facelift Benz C class estate.
6 times to the garage with interior trim problems, plastic so cheap the armrests creaked when leant upon.
Backings to the driver and passenger side mirrors inside just fell off .. clipped into place like a spice jar top.
Complete rubbish. Also the alternator went and the steering rack leaked and ruptured. In 2 years.
My Freelander by comparison has been faultless. Maybe i shouldn’t have written that ?

lover’s tiff over Razz
Prestige SD4 auto, 5DR, Orkney Grey, Ivory/Dark Cherry/Pano/Power Tailgate
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 03:46pm by Belvoirbloke.)
10-04-2012 03:46pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Gorjan

I got a bit dissapointed, when I got my Evoque. when inspecting it in more details, could not beleive, how much cheap and flimsy plastics are used in the interior (especially lower parts). Just look at the glove box cover, the sides of the center console....... No wonder rattles started appearing in the first week.

And I am coming from a Merc A-Class... Either it got a cabin for two classes above, or the Evoque has materials borrowed from two classes below...

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
13-04-2012 09:09pm
jitenc

First issue I had was the clip that hold the carpet broke, in the back passenger side. It is a silly design, as when you climb into the back passenger seat, you would directly step on the clip. The clip is quite tall and in the wrong position.
The second issue was the black middle hinge that probably holds the door became loose.
Both issues were promptly dealt by the dealer under guarantee, so quite happy...
(10-04-2012 01:49pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It's not surprising really - I took this photo of the assembly line workforce arriving for work at Halewood! Laughing

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcGw3snxxe9ieIUvJG_IP...i3c7jNzRqw]

So I was right all along that my House brick was a Legoland design.....SurprisedLaughingLaughing

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
(This post was last modified: 14-04-2012 07:11am by jitenc.)
14-04-2012 07:09am