Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Trim falling off......
colski1961

Trim falling off......

anyone had any issues with bits of trim falling off? Went for a drive (mainly A roads) yesterday to find the front (drivers side - UK) black trim under front fog lamp gone!
Initial response from dealer wasn't too good in terms of replacing.........let's see what they have to say later, accused me of hitting something "small bird, rabbit or the like".......bee, wasp or butterfly maybe! I may be being funny here but this is a Land Rover isn't it??    

2012 62 Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Black (eveyday use)
2012 61 Porsche Cayman R PDK - Peridot Very Happy (for weekend joy)
2011 Landlegend Compact Tractor (for doing tractory types of things)

Gone :
2012 (1st March) Evoque S4D Lux pack - Firenze Red & Verve interior - traded Nov 12 - sorry folks Sad
02-04-2012 10:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Sarcastrix

RE: Trim falling off......

You're not the first to have trim issues, although I don't think anyone has lost anything (other than in the car wash).

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
02-04-2012 10:55am
J77

(02-04-2012 10:45am)colski1961 Wrote:  anyone had any issues with bits of trim falling off? Went for a drive (mainly A roads) yesterday to find the front (drivers side - UK) black trim under front fog lamp gone!
Initial response from dealer wasn't too good in terms of replacing.........let's see what they have to say later, accused me of hitting something "small bird, rabbit or the like".......bee, wasp or butterfly maybe! I may be being funny here but this is a Land Rover isn't it??

Yes it is a LR that's why bits fall off Laughing

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
02-04-2012 12:21pm
WB
WB

That's a joke - surely that can't have been attached properly.
02-04-2012 09:41pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(02-04-2012 10:45am)colski1961 Wrote:  anyone had any issues with bits of trim falling off? Went for a drive (mainly A roads) yesterday to find the front (drivers side - UK) black trim under front fog lamp gone!

Me thinks you need (of possible to change your dealer) or atleast have a word with LR customer services about your dealers lack of service.

For example, I closed the passenger door the other day and cap over the passenger door lock fell off. I went to the dealer as there was no obvious way to re-attach it. Without prompting it was agreed that it was just luck it had stayed on from coming out of the factory, going through the car wash etc as the black plastic surround that the cap clips into was broken. A new part and cap (as it was scratched having fallen on the tarmac) were ordered, painted and fitted a few days later under warranty.IdeaIdea

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 05-04-2012 08:00am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
05-04-2012 07:59am
colski1961

Quick update, dealer sorted for me (FOC) and I was surprised when I went to have the replacement part fitted, trim is held on with just a few plastic lugs that clip into the bumper frame....really cheap and I'm guessing that this wont be the last time someone has this issue! As the plastic ages and gets brittle I would suspect that these trim pieces will get loose and fall off but we'll see.
For now I'm happy with my Evoque (100% complete again!) and happy with my dealer. Let's hope that all issues are solved so quickly.

2012 62 Porsche Cayenne Diesel - Black (eveyday use)
2012 61 Porsche Cayman R PDK - Peridot Very Happy (for weekend joy)
2011 Landlegend Compact Tractor (for doing tractory types of things)

Gone :
2012 (1st March) Evoque S4D Lux pack - Firenze Red & Verve interior - traded Nov 12 - sorry folks Sad
05-04-2012 08:21am
Sarcastrix

Glad it was sorted.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
05-04-2012 08:24am
mark_n

Yes, the car is a bit like a Lego kit, things clip together. If you've only got 80 seconds to complete a step on the line, screws are a bit of a luxury...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-04-2012 04:53am
gibbyd

Trim falling off......

(05-04-2012 07:59am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  Me thinks you need (of possible to change your dealer) or atleast have a word with LR customer services about your dealers lack of service.

For example, I closed the passenger door the other day and cap over the passenger door lock fell off. I went to the dealer as there was no obvious way to re-attach it. Without prompting it was agreed that it was just luck it had stayed on from coming out of the factory, going through the car wash etc as the black plastic surround that the cap clips into was broken. A new part and cap (as it was scratched having fallen on the tarmac) were ordered, painted and fitted a few days later under warranty.IdeaIdea

Snap! Exactly the same except mine flew off on motorway lol. New one on now.
10-04-2012 01:14pm
Donny Dog

(09-04-2012 04:53am)mark_n Wrote:  Yes, the car is a bit like a Lego kit, things clip together. If you've only got 80 seconds to complete a step on the line, screws are a bit of a luxury...

It's not surprising really - I took this photo of the assembly line workforce arriving for work at Halewood! Laughing

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRcGw3snxxe9ieIUvJG_IP...i3c7jNzRqw]
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2012 01:51pm by Donny Dog.)
10-04-2012 01:49pm