Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Trading in my X5, need some clarifications
shashankmittal

Trading in my X5, need some clarifications

All,
I am amazed with all the activity on this forum. Unlike other forums where there is absolutely no discussion going on about this amazing car, this forum seems to be bustling with members discussing about various things!

I am in the market for a new SUV (trading in my trusty BMW X5). This is what I am planning to get:
Dynamic Coupe
Fuji White
Black roof
19" Style 3 wheels
Red/black leather
Comfort package
Rear seats
...everything else is standard.

Couple of questions that I have are:
1. Some people have said on this forum that Dynamic comes standard with 20" wheels. Is that a standard in UK? I don't see that on the LR USA website.
2. The USA website doesn't provide any details about tow hitches or roof rails - two things that I would like to have. Anyone got any info from US dealers?
3. Those who have ordered in US - are the dealers putting a markup on MSRP? What is the best deal you have got?
26-07-2011 10:27pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vision*R

RE: Trading in my X5, need some clarifications

Dynamic has 20" wheels standard in the UK but not in the rest of Europe so maybe not in the USA either.

Prestige TD4 5d / Fuji White / Tech pack / Parallel park / Pano / Order 26/01/2011 / Build 13/12/11 / Arrival 04/01/2012
26-07-2011 11:01pm
berlin2011

(26-07-2011 11:01pm)vision*R Wrote:  Dynamic has 20" wheels standard in the UK but not in the rest of Europe so maybe not in the USA either.

20" wheels also standard in South Africa - best to check and be sure

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
27-07-2011 06:26am
alsaamike

Any indication on when deliveries will begin in your area?
Looking forward to Evoques arriving here, especially after reading the multiple reviews on this forum.
Also planning to move from X5 (3.0) to Evoque.
Earlier this year we had a 2007 Mini Cooper S and 2008 X5 3.0. Had planned to trade up from the Mini to the Evoque. Had a yearning to come back to RR (had a 2006 RRS HSE for 3 years and 45,000 most enjoyable miles, plus an excellent dealer). What are we to do? Back to RRS or another X5? Well, we drove the new X3 35i Msport and loved it. Given that the Evoque was not available, exit Mini, enter X3 35i. Mini was a blast, as is the X3 35i. Plan to change the X5 for an Evoque Dynamic 4 door. The question I have yet to answer is whether to get magnaride or not. Opinions welcome.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2011 07:07am by alsaamike.)
31-07-2011 07:04am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(31-07-2011 07:04am)alsaamike Wrote:  The question I have yet to answer is whether to get magnaride or not. Opinions welcome.

Everything I have read says it's great and makes a difference if you choose to treat the car like a hot-ish hatch or if you take the car offroad - go for it. I'm having an afternoon of Evoque driving this afternoon, if I can find a Dynamic, that's the one I intend to drive so I'll let you know what I find.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 31-07-2011 08:05am by XFullFatTim.)
31-07-2011 08:05am
alsaamike

Thank you skipper.
Your comments and observations are always perspicacious. I like the idea that the package adding the magnaride also appears to tighten the steering. Not looking for a hot hatch or a serious off roader, but do want a good combination of handling and steering feel.
Loved everything about the original RRS except the handling in emerency avoidance situations (twice it unnerved me greatly). Have to say that the X5 is more sure footed in equivalent moments.
Hoping to experience the Evoque personally in the very near future.
31-07-2011 04:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Well fortunately no emergency sitautions experienced this afternoon so cannot comment on that front, but the ride on 20" wheels with magneride is fantastic. We drove a mixture of good quality main roads and some back lanes with broken surface - you wouldn't know there was a rough surface under the car, no banging or crashing suspension and a lot less body roll than my airsuspended FFRR has. The ride comfort on the 20" wheels with Magneride is as close as coil springing can get to airsuspension without being air-sprung. It is very impressive in the Evoque. My 2010MY FFRR has 19" wheels with airsuspension and the ride in the Evoque was better................................... in fact I would say it was even better tied down than the TDv8 or S/C RRS with Dynamic Response

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
31-07-2011 11:45pm