Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tracker.
The Valeter

Tracker.

Has anyone been asked by their insurance company to have a Tracking device fitted?
If so any recomendations preferably in the South East (In my case).

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
05-11-2011 12:51am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

RE: Tracker.

Not for this car but in the BMW I used Tracker (the company) and it was painless and relatively inexpensive as the tracker subscription offset the additional insurance cost of not having it.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
05-11-2011 09:21am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ceebee

Tracker.

I checked insurance prior to deciding on a tracker or not and it didn't appear to make much of difference, certainly not enough to make it cost effective. However, I am still undecided as to whether to get one fitted as I would imaging an Evoque to be quite high on a thieves list at the minute?

I was looking at 2 types, one is Gps, but the downside of this (or so I was told) is that as it is gps, it needs a clear view of the sky to be "seen" if activated whereas an alternative method uses different waves for the signal and can be found in containers etc if the car were being shipped abroad?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
05-11-2011 09:27am
woodhouse

RE: Tracker.

I have this one http://trackmefree.com/viewitem.php?productid=2 in my Evoque, it just sticks on with magnetic back, I have put it behind the pull out on the left side of the boot, it does not have a full view of the sky but works perfectly well and the best thing is it does not need any wiring just charge it up and stick it on. it is supposed to last 60 days between charges, I have had it in 2 weeks and it still shows 68% charge so maybe it will. Downside is it is not insurance company approved but at less then £200 with no subscription fees I think it is well worth it for the peace of mind.
14-11-2011 09:24pm