Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 2 Average
Tow bar help
mnd

Tow bar help

Hi all,
I've read the info on tow bars in the other sections but I'm looking for anybody who knows where to find a tow bar for a dynamic which ISN'T a Hayden reese. Some of the other solutions from the UK are much less intrusive and look better but I can only find people who supply Haymen. Does anybody else know of other bars you can get in Aus. Ideally anyone with experience fitting something in Melbourne

Thanks
Mark
18-02-2013 07:12pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Hamish

RE: Tow bar help

Hi Mark.

I bought one from PF Jones in the UK.

From memory it was about 430 pound for the bar, plug in electrics & postage. A bit under $650 AU.

It was delivered in 7 days

It is a Westfalia detachable, swan neck type.

ADR rules say in should have a manufacturers name plate & a safety chain connecting point. It has sticker & the safety chain connecting loop.

I remove the swan neck & keep it in the boot next to the spare wheel.

You cant see the bar when not in use.

The blurb says to cut the bumber a little at the bottom, I didnt & the bar fits behind the platic but pushes the bottom lip out & down about 10mm.

You would never spot this unless you were supper keen & I recon I could remove the bar without anyone noticing it was ever fitted.

I fitted it myself in a morning, this was steady takining photo's as I went along.

Look at some of the UK tow bar threads & you'll get the idea.

I can provide hints & photo's, but cant help with fitting if you go this way as I'm in NSW.

Hope this helps
02-04-2013 08:49am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply