Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Touch screen disappears
SINGHY

Touch screen disappears

Last night the touch screen display disappeared completely and all I had was a grainy white screen with a faint red line to the left. I tried turning the ignition on and off in the hope that the screen display would reappear but no luck. I drove the car for about 20 mins and throughout this time the screen display remained off although I could still control the stereo from the steering wheel. I tried it this morning and all is well again. Has anybodyody else experienced this and if so did it need to be sorted by the dealer.

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
20-05-2012 08:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Touch screen disappears

(20-05-2012 08:54pm)SINGHY Wrote:  Last night the touch screen display disappeared completely and all I had was a grainy white screen with a faint red line to the left. I tried turning the ignition on and off in the hope that the screen display would reappear but no luck. I drove the car for about 20 mins and throughout this time the screen display remained off although I could still control the stereo from the steering wheel. I tried it this morning and all is well again. Has anybodyody else experienced this and if so did it need to be sorted by the dealer.

In a word........yes!
20-05-2012 09:15pm
item

Hi,
For me, touch screen is given his last day of life.
I have work for Avery Berkel and black and white is the end of the Life of touch screen.

Regards

TD4 Auto Dynamics Fuji White. (May 2012) -> 07/2012
20-05-2012 10:07pm
ceebee

Touch screen disappears

The exact same thing has happened to mine twice in past 3 months, but sorted itself out after restarting the car!
haven't taken back to dealer but will next time it happens?

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
20-05-2012 10:23pm
mpw

A few weeks ago had a similar problem: screen went snowy with top line of screen a rainbow colour. Could just about see images on screen but everything shifted to right, needless to say couldn't really use it. All stereo, sat nav, radio worked. Lasted about 3 hours and then all was working. Didi not re-occur.

Got it checked over at Lookers Park Royal who really couldn't replicate issues but said they applied 'the latest entertainment system upgrade' which downloaded three software updates.

Personally, I can't see it being a software fault but more a microchip or resistor issue. As is, problem has not re-appeared, not sure if the upgrade did anything at all (and Looker's are not sure either). Hoping it won't happen again!
21-05-2012 03:06pm
Donny Dog

(21-05-2012 03:06pm)mpw Wrote:  they applied 'the latest entertainment system upgrade'

That's techno-babble for 'turn it off and turn it on again'! Wink
21-05-2012 04:34pm