Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Total Detailing!
paulus599

Total Detailing!

Picked my car up yesterday and just wanted to recommend Chris from TDI to anyone who is collecting their car from a dealership in the North East.
On Chris's advice I'd asked the dealer not to do any prep work on the car at all. They were good enough to allow Chris to use their workshop and showroom while he worked his magic, and all were impressed as to how much effort he put into every aspect of detailing the car.

Photo's taken by Chris:

http://s1176.photobucket.com/albums/x329...ng%20work/

The work included - paint, leather, trim, carpet and wheel protection plus a glass treatment, so definately a total detailing. Time will tell how good this product is (Gtechniq), but all reports have been very good plus they give a 5 year guarantee. It'll certainly be put to the test the way the weather is, and will continue to be for the next 4 or 5 months!
Chris has also said that he is happy to give a 15% discount to members of the forum.

The website address is: http://www.tdinternational.co.uk/

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
14-12-2011 09:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: Total Detailing!

That's brilliant, shame they are not nearer or have a southern branch.

I know it might sound silly but do you know if they clayed it as well?

Also I'm sure I read on here, one of our members mentioning the the front windows have already been treated.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-12-2011 11:26pm
PhilSkill

Looks great Paul, Heard a lot of good reports on gtechniq products, the main one C1 is professional only though not something for an amateur to try, but I may consider the other products.

Evo, I think you may have read on my thread, I asked if anyone else's front side door windows were treated as mine definitely are! but not the back side or rear or windscreen!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
14-12-2011 11:56pm
Daigriff

Anyone know what products LR use?

Arrived 16th December 2011: 5 door Prestige SD4 auto in Barolo black with ambience interior, pano roof, privacy and 20" style 6 alloys.Very Happy
15-12-2011 06:32pm
The Valeter

(15-12-2011 06:32pm)Daigriff Wrote:  Anyone know what products LR use?

None, the cars are prepped (sometimes) with whatever the local valeting place usees (often the cheapest) unless they have their own In-House valeters & that could be Autoglym, Autosmart or whatever is available.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
15-12-2011 07:05pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(14-12-2011 11:26pm)Evo-king Wrote:  That's brilliant, shame they are not nearer or have a southern branch.

Also I'm sure I read on here, one of our members mentioning the the front windows have already been treated.

Take a look on the Gtechniq website where they have a list of their authorised detailers all over the country.
16-12-2011 04:54pm
Evo-king

Will do.Thumbs Up

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 16-12-2011 06:46pm by Evo-king.)
16-12-2011 06:45pm
Rootsboy

(14-12-2011 11:26pm)Evo-king Wrote:  That's brilliant, shame they are not nearer or have a southern branch.

i was putting a coating on my windows the other day, when i also noticed that the front windows already repel water, then i noticed a little water repel logo next to the rest of the text printed on the window. so yes it does seem that these front windows have had some sort of treatment or permanent coating on them.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
01-01-2012 11:21am