Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
And so the serious depreciation begins?
JohnM

RE: And so the serious depreciation begins?

We are in the process of ordering a new Evoque Prestige and the dealer without prompting offered 3% discount, drive the deal are offering 5.3% so will show the dealer this quote on Saturday and if he does not match it I will place the order with drive the deal, will let you know how we get on.
11-02-2013 09:25pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stiman

You know, maybe it's me however I don't give two hoots about discount, depreciation, mpg (gosh why so many groans about that), slight blemish on the paintwork, minor rattles, type of tyre, rear camera delay, software version, I don't need to go on. I saw the car, loved it, bought it, enjoying it. Life is too short or get a ford fiesta.
12-02-2013 01:14am
timhum

I guess you intended to be controversial Stiman; I can't imagine that there are many other people who are in the financial position to not give a hoot about costs and quality.
Tim
12-02-2013 03:25pm
Trapdoor

(12-02-2013 03:25pm)timhum Wrote:  I guess you intended to be controversial Stiman; I can't imagine that there are many other people who are in the financial position to not give a hoot about costs and quality.
Tim

Only a Banker or MP Laughing Twisted Evil

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
(This post was last modified: 12-02-2013 04:26pm by Trapdoor.)
12-02-2013 04:25pm
stiggy

I have to agree (slightly) with Stiman here, I worry about money (I think we all do these days) BUT as he says youv'e bought the car and there is absolutely bugger all you can do about the depreciation just be comforatble (smug if you like) that you still have the lowest depreciating 4 x 4 on the market ENJOY YOUR MOTOR.
One other point and this of course is only an opinion I am a big Audi fan and I have been lucky enough to own several including an S3, S4 and S5 BUT without a shadow of a doubt the Q5 is the worst 4x4 (if not the worst modern car) I have ever driven, its not even in the same league as the Evoque for ride and handling. Boring and anodyne. The Q5 is a jacked up saloon and drives like one.

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
13-02-2013 02:38pm
stiman

I don't mean to be derogatory about money, it's precious to all of us. I'm trying to say that we (moreso the uk) tend to forget praise. If you have children and they spent all day making you a card and you said "it's the wrong colour blue for the sky" or "that line isn't straight", think how they would feel. My wife isn't 100% but I still love her even with the flaws (can I say flaws, you know what I mean). The Evouqe took many months, years to appear, it has numerous awards, the designers worked so hard, yet we never mention how great the off road for example and the wizardy to make that happen - the things we can't see. Does it really matter the sat nav is slow? We all work damn hard and are fortunate that we can own an Evoque. If we were worried, really worried, about depreciation, rattles, then perhaps we should look at another brand. I know you won't because of how great the car is, much more than the minor negatives generally raised eg mpg. The Evoque is the best car I have ever owned and I've had many (the Nissan GTR was fun) and I enjoy every minute with it. I hope you all enjoy your Evoques as much as I and safe driving to you all.
13-02-2013 10:31pm
broady43

(13-02-2013 10:31pm)stiman Wrote:  I don't mean to be derogatory about money, it's precious to all of us. I'm trying to say that we (moreso the uk) tend to forget praise. If you have children and they spent all day making you a card and you said "it's the wrong colour blue for the sky" or "that line isn't straight", think how they would feel. My wife isn't 100% but I still love her even with the flaws (can I say flaws, you know what I mean). The Evouqe took many months, years to appear, it has numerous awards, the designers worked so hard, yet we never mention how great the off road for example and the wizardy to make that happen - the things we can't see. Does it really matter the sat nav is slow? We all work damn hard and are fortunate that we can own an Evoque. If we were worried, really worried, about depreciation, rattles, then perhaps we should look at another brand. I know you won't because of how great the car is, much more than the minor negatives generally raised eg mpg. The Evoque is the best car I have ever owned and I've had many (the Nissan GTR was fun) and I enjoy every minute with it. I hope you all enjoy your Evoques as much as I and safe driving to you all.

+ 1000 Smile

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
13-02-2013 11:38pm
timhum

Stiman
I totally agree that it is a great car and has many praiseworthy attributes but Land Rover are professional motor manufacturers not amateurs. After spending years on design and development it shouldn't have issues such as rattles, poor quality paintwork and slow sat-nav; by the way our Evoque has had no problems in the 7 months we have owned it. You are absolutely correct that criticisms always seems to feature higher than praise, unfortunately that attitude seems to becoming the norm in our society. I guess after reading your reply that the quote 'don't give two hoots' had an element of tongue in cheek in it, your important point was to stop bleating about costs etc. the decision to buy a new car, or not, is in our own hands.
all the best
Tim
14-02-2013 12:08am
Evofirenze

(13-02-2013 10:31pm)stiman Wrote:  I don't mean to be derogatory about money, it's precious to all of us. I'm trying to say that we (moreso the uk) tend to forget praise. If you have children and they spent all day making you a card and you said "it's the wrong colour blue for the sky" or "that line isn't straight", think how they would feel. My wife isn't 100% but I still love her even with the flaws (can I say flaws, you know what I mean). The Evouqe took many months, years to appear, it has numerous awards, the designers worked so hard, yet we never mention how great the off road for example and the wizardy to make that happen - the things we can't see. Does it really matter the sat nav is slow? We all work damn hard and are fortunate that we can own an Evoque. If we were worried, really worried, about depreciation, rattles, then perhaps we should look at another brand. I know you won't because of how great the car is, much more than the minor negatives generally raised eg mpg. The Evoque is the best car I have ever owned and I've had many (the Nissan GTR was fun) and I enjoy every minute with it. I hope you all enjoy your Evoques as much as I and safe driving to you all.

Word!!

Si4 5 doors Dynamic, Firenze
Panoramic-Narvik Black, Adaptive Dynamics, Pack 2 & 4, Style 7, Electric TB...
14-02-2013 05:55pm