Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning.
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning.

Oh dear, could this be the final nail in the coffin for Clarkson and co and TG? The three presenters and the film crew had to abandon the three sports cars they were driving in Tiera Del Fuego and make a mad dash to the Chile border after somebody took offence at the number plate on JC's car. Honestly I have to query the sanity of the TG team taking a car with a number plate that could remotely cause offence to the Argentines................... they claim not to have realised what the plate read................... oh really what cobblers. Better the BBC dumps the show until the presenters grow up and stop behaving like a bunch of school boys.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 02:34pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-10-2014 02:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Donny Dog

RE: Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning.

(03-10-2014 02:21pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Oh dear, could this be the final nail in the coffin for Clarkson and co and TG? The three presenters and the film crew had to abandon the three sports cars they were driving in Tiera Del Fuego and make a mad dash to the Chile border after somebody took offence at the number plate on JC's car. Honestly I have to query the sanity of the TG team taking a car with a number plate that could remotely cause offence to the Argentines................... they claim not to have realised what the plate read................... oh really what cobblers. Better the BBC dumps the show until the presenters grow up and stop behaving like a bunch of school boys.

I have to say that I couldn't work out what the connection was when I heard about this on the radio, and I had to search the internet later before the 'penny dropped'. Knowing the sort of thing that Clarkson does, though, it would surprise me if it weren't deliberate.
03-10-2014 03:13pm
Redrob

Went to watch it being filmed once, and Clarkson thinks he's God, when there was a break where the public go outside for coffee, JC and RH disappeared but James May actually made the coffee and served people and was happy having photo's taken, and talking to people.
JC needs taking down a peg or two.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
03-10-2014 03:33pm
LaserTam

Its a pretty tenuous connection H982FLK - not exactly obvious. Of course the production team are denying any wrong doing, but generally their 'gags' of similar nature are usually more obvious than that. If TG didnt make the BBC so much money with its re-sale world wide, it would have been binned years ago.

Born 28th June - Pure Tech 2.2 eD4 Manual in Santorini Black, Pano roof, Cirrus leather, style 6 wheels, rear camera, power mirrors, auto dim RVM
03-10-2014 06:26pm
J77

I've always enjoyed Top Gear, especially the specials. The banter and pranks they played on each other were childish but funny. Just lately though it seems to be overstepping the mark.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
03-10-2014 06:53pm
mighTTy-RRE

I also went to see TG filming and James May did nothing with the audience, Hamster was chatting to the young girls and we were chatting to Clarkson. He came across as a great bloke you would happily spend hours with in the pub.

As for the number plates being offensive, I assume the H982 FKL was issued in 1990 by the DVLA and didnt cause any offence back in the day. It is just namby pamby idiots who have made 1982 Falklands out of this and they are so anal they should be presented with the registration no P one five five OFF.
03-10-2014 07:06pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My understanding is that it wasn't UK people who got offended it was Agentine Falklands veterans in Argentina who got up-tight

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 08:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
03-10-2014 08:03pm
The Valeter

(03-10-2014 07:06pm)mighTTy-RRE Wrote:  I also went to see TG filming and James May did nothing with the audience, Hamster was chatting to the young girls and we were chatting to Clarkson. He came across as a great bloke you would happily spend hours with in the pub.

As for the number plates being offensive, I assume the H982 FKL was issued in 1990 by the DVLA and didnt cause any offence back in the day. It is just namby pamby idiots who have made 1982 Falklands out of this and they are so anal they should be presented with the registration no P one five five OFF.

To be honest I have no idea what the number plate is supposedly reading. Also given an H plate is 25 years old it seems rather convenient it happens to turn up on an appropriate model of car they have found to make this film.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014 09:58pm by The Valeter.)
03-10-2014 09:58pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cutter7

(03-10-2014 06:26pm)LaserTam Wrote:  Its a pretty tenuous connection H982FLK - not exactly obvious. Of course the production team are denying any wrong doing, but generally their 'gags' of similar nature are usually more obvious than that. If TG didnt make the BBC so much money with its re-sale world wide, it would have been binned years ago.

I would love to of driven past 'Cristina Fernández de Kirchner' with XH558 as my reg plate....Very Happy

03-10-2014 10:02pm
JimWooly

(03-10-2014 10:02pm)cutter7 Wrote:  I would love to of driven past 'Cristina Fernández de Kirchner' with XH558 as my reg plate....Very Happy

LaughingLaughingLaughing

[Image: 298252.png]
03-10-2014 10:39pm