Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning.
Sarcastrix

RE: Top Gear abandons shoot in Argentina due to stoning.

I think it's such a massive non story, it's laughable. Only a retard could thinks it's any more than a PR stunt.

Lets be honest, the Argentinians would have said the plates were an insult whatever they had on them. They are looking for something to be offended over so they can have a pop at the Brits, nothing else.

I almost pissed myself when the numbers were likened to the numbers of dead soldiers, despite being completely different numbers.

It's a PR stunt, simple as! Who do you think tipped the locals off about the 'FKL plates' & numbers and rented the 'stone throwing mob' whilst the big oaf was 'hiding under his hotel bed'.

Ordered: 25th Jan 2012 - Completed: 8th March 2012

Dynamic Coupe SD4 Auto / Fuji / Pano Roof / Tech Park 2 / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Adaptive Xenons / Black H'lining / Cold Climate Pack / Auto-dim Mirror / Aux Heater / Roof Rails / Mud-flaps
06-10-2014 11:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Apparrently H982 FKL is being read as 1982 Falkland, the Argies need to go to Specsavers...........
I've just run the number plate through the MOT and VED Checker on the UK Goverment website and the Porsche is taxed and MOT'd according to that, and the plate is registered to a 4980cc engined Porsche

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-10-2014 12:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-10-2014 12:52pm
Amadeus

Have they learnt any lessons re number plating maybe? LOL

http://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/top-g...in_amplify

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
27-10-2014 06:41pm
Barneyridge

The Nissan apparently did not make it to the acceleration run on the airstrip, it broke down as stated in another article

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
28-10-2014 05:29am