Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Toll Payment Recognition Tag
timhum

Can anyone advise me on where on the windscreen they have fitted a tag for automatic payment of tolls. I have purchased a tag for the French motorway system and am trying to figure out the best place for it on my Evoke given that it has a heated windscreen which can block the signal. The instructions refer to fitting it behind the mirror which because of the shape of the fitting is not possible. I've called Land Rover customer service but because it is a non-Land Rover accessory they cannot advise me.
thanks in advance
Tim
24-09-2012 09:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Toll Payment Recognition Tag

Tim welcome to the forums, there are a lot of posts about this and how to solve it, if you type payage or toll into the search function on the forum banner it will give quite a few hits.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-09-2012 04:06pm
griff

I have my M6 Toll tag in just next to the rear view mirror in the mottled bit - works a treat.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
25-09-2012 09:55am
katscan

(24-09-2012 09:58am)timhum Wrote:  Can anyone advise me on where on the windscreen they have fitted a tag for automatic payment of tolls. I have purchased a tag for the French motorway system and am trying to figure out the best place for it on my Evoke given that it has a heated windscreen which can block the signal. The instructions refer to fitting it behind the mirror which because of the shape of the fitting is not possible. I've called Land Rover customer service but because it is a non-Land Rover accessory they cannot advise me.
thanks in advance
Tim

Theres a way (in the USA) to mount it inside of the front grill so that you cannot see it at all. Our transponders happen to have screwholes that are exactly the same distance as the screwholes in the grill/bumper. Works great.
25-09-2012 07:39pm
smayo

(25-09-2012 09:55am)griff Wrote:  I have my M6 Toll tag in just next to the rear view mirror in the mottled bit - works a treat.

Used my M6 toll tag in the Evoque for the first 2 times on Sunday. Not stuck in place yet, but the wife held it in position in the dotted area to the left of the rear view mirror (my preferred location as it will be hidden to the driver).

Worked first time, but not the second. Although it could have been me following the previous car too closely. Not too sure.
Had to call help and quote the tag number to them. It it had been positioned to the left of the rear view mirror I would have had a nightmare trying to read the tag number.

Think I will use some not too sticky double sided tape to test a few more times before using some proper sticky stuff on it.

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
25-09-2012 08:22pm
xxxx5

(25-09-2012 09:55am)griff Wrote:  I have my M6 Toll tag in just next to the rear view mirror in the mottled bit - works a treat.

+1, used at least twice a week and no issues

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
25-09-2012 08:34pm
timhum

Thanks everyone, I'll let you know how well it works in France,
Tim
25-09-2012 09:37pm
griff

(25-09-2012 08:22pm)smayo Wrote:  Used my M6 toll tag in the Evoque for the first 2 times on Sunday. Not stuck in place yet, but the wife held it in position in the dotted area to the left of the rear view mirror (my preferred location as it will be hidden to the driver).

Worked first time, but not the second. Although it could have been me following the previous car too closely. Not too sure.
Had to call help and quote the tag number to them. It it had been positioned to the left of the rear view mirror I would have had a nightmare trying to read the tag number.

Think I will use some not too sticky double sided tape to test a few more times before using some proper sticky stuff on it.

I have mine ti the left of the mirror as you mention and I have not had a problem yet. Touch wood!

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
25-09-2012 10:29pm
timhum

Just to say that we have returned from France and the Tag worked perfectly. It was attached to the screen to the left of the mirror.
09-10-2012 08:42pm
EpicEvo

Can I ask where you got a tag for euro roads? I'm doing a Europe trip next year and would be a treat not to have to keep paying at all the tolls. I paid over £300 on toll roads aloan last year on my trip
09-10-2012 08:50pm