Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
To those who've ordered a Prestige - why didn't you go for a Dynamic?
LRX
Banned

RE: To those who've ordered a Prestige - why didn't you go for a Dynamic?

(30-05-2011 01:57am)Kermit Wrote:  Agree, plus the Dynamic has shallower approach and departure angles.

Is the extra few mm approach angle really that important to you?! If so, surely you'd go for a Defender?
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2011 10:00am by LRX.)
30-05-2011 10:00am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SW6RR

For me, I like the way the dynamic looks. Am going for a prestige which, options wise, is the same as a dynamic (ie you're not restricted as you are on the pure)

The thing I hate about the dynamic is the interior. I think the perforated leather looks bad and I don't like the colour combos. I like the style of the "plus" interior but don't want a black interior car (and obviously the red is terrible)

So, prestige it is. I don't feel particularly strongly either way about the exterior styling, I think the prestige and the dynamic both look good in their own ways.
30-05-2011 10:13am
Alex

I looked at both the Prestige and Dynamic. I do however prefer the Prestige interior or at least the leather. But on the other hand I prefer the Dynamics exterior styling, lovely exhaust, trim etc.

I admit about the perforated seats in the Dynamic and I cannot afford the Dynamic Plus option. However after my second visit to the Evoque live I looked at the Prestige interior realised if I was going to choose the car I would have to choose it with a black interior. The interior leather trim in various light shades would not look so prestigious after a good years use. There would be scuff marks on the door sides from your shoes, as well as no doubt marks on other areas. In reality it would be something I would always look at and think I hope it doesn't get dirty - hence why I would choose black.

Plus at two Evoque live shows (London and Birmingham) I was seeing some wear and tear in the Pure seats (grey colour) such as marks/stains from jeans, and marks on the door sides of the Prestige.

It's a shame you can't have the tan leather seats with maybe a darker sides as opposed to the ivory leather.

In the end the leather swatches showing the Dynamics black on black perforated option looked fine.

Arrived 22nd December - SD4 Dynamic Auto, Fuji White, Panoramic/Contrast Roof, Dynamic Plus & Lux Pack
30-05-2011 10:28am
paulus599

For me the choice was always going to be between the Pure and Prestige. The Dynamic was discounted fairly early, mainly because of the options for the interior trim, the only one I liked was the all black and every car I have had has had black leather, so I just wanted to go with something different this time.
I also wasn't too keen on them not having the black trim along the bottom of the doors, I think that feature really breaks up the side profile and makes it look a lot sleaker on the other models. I really love the exhuasts on the Dynamic though and would love to be able to spec that on a Prestige.
The last consideration for me was the dashboard material. I didn't like the look of the faux leather on the photographs that I'd seen. This was the main reason why I changed my order from a Pure to Prestige and another reason why I would not go for a Dynamic. To be honest though, after seeing both at the NEC, I have to say that it is very difficult to tell the difference between them, they both look very good and the only difference to me was the way they feel (maybe I should change my order back to a Pure and save myself a few thousand!)

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
30-05-2011 10:53am
MW73

I decided on the dynamic despite the 'crap' bodystyling which in my opinion makes the car look lower and sportier than the pure or prestige as the have a deep plastic trim running round the bottom that is very noticable. I also chose the dynamic as it had the magna ride as standard which all the motoring press says is a must have. I have also spoken to my dealer who confirmed that the leather used in the dynamic is very similar to the RRsport who also have the perforated style leather for the sportier look. Anyway that's my two pence worth!! 
(This post was last modified: 30-05-2011 08:24pm by MW73.)
30-05-2011 08:23pm
paulus599

(30-05-2011 08:23pm)MW73 Wrote:  in my opinion makes the car look lower and sportier than the pure or prestige as the have a deep plastic trim running round the bottom that is very noticable.

That's the exact opposite to what I think. To me, it's that trim that makes the Pure and Prestige look lower and sportier, Wierd!, but great that we don't all see things the same way, it would be a very boring old world otherwise. Very Happy

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
30-05-2011 10:36pm
MW73

Too true! Smile)
30-05-2011 10:54pm
DynamicRRV

I personally think the Pure/Prestige look cheap(bumpers)compared to the muscular look of the Dynamic.
30-05-2011 11:17pm
LRX
Banned

I find all these opinions utterly fascinating. At the end of the day, I've ordered a car without ever actually seeing it, so I've had to go on what I've seen in pictures.

I know I want black and I thought an all-black interior would be too dark and a light enterior would be too hard to keep looking good (and I don't even have kids). So I thought the black/red interior of the dynamic would have the dark colours to keep it clean but the red would make it less 'black'.

But having seen some user photos, I'm worried about my choices!
30-05-2011 11:35pm
Blackseries

(30-05-2011 10:28am)Alex Wrote:  I looked at both the Prestige and Dynamic. I do however prefer the Prestige interior or at least the leather. But on the other hand I prefer the Dynamics exterior styling, lovely exhaust, trim etc.

I hope to put a Dynamic rear bumper on my Prestige and once I have de chromed the lower window trim I should have almost what I had hoped I'd be able to get from the factory ......... a Dynamic with Ivory (Ambience) interior - It will probably look quite close to the Black LRX show car too. i.e. Metallic Black bodywork with bright Atlas front grill, side fender blades & rear tailgate finisher plus square exhausts. Should look nice despite what Mr LR says.

In fact it should look like one of LR own cars.....

http://yfrog.com/h3qdbymj

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
30-05-2011 11:35pm