Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time to say goodbye to Range Rover
CSJ

Time to say goodbye to Range Rover

Hi Everyone

After having had three Evoques' from new I have decided to say goodbye to Range Rover and have just ordered a Porsche Macan, my third Evoque has now gone and I will trundle round in a BMW X6 until September.

I still think that the Evoque is an amazing design and one which has moved the car world forward, indeed the car I am going to next may not even have existed if it was not for the Evoque.

My one big gripe about the Evoque has been build quality, please please please Land Rover sort this out!

All three of my Evoques have had quality issues, the first (a very early car) was replaced by the dealer after 2 months, the second was in about 4 times in a year, and the third has had a rattle which has driven me mad which could only be cured by opening the drivers window a centimetre, notwithstanding that the dealer had it in 8 times to try and sort it.

None of this is enough to put me off the car tho and I still smile every time I see one on the road, the interior design especially is something so Range Rover.

I did think about a change to a Range Rover Sport, but in reality it is just to big for me and I don't need or want a car quite that big just yet. Still time to change my mind I guess though its unlikely.

Have to wait until September to get the Porsche and will be interesting to see how it goes and whether the build quality is good, in the meantime I will of course continue to lurk on here and enjoy reading everyones thoughts about cars!

On order: Volvo XC60 T5 Inscription Pro

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
BMW X6 m diesel with BMW exclusive interior
Evoque Dynamic Orkney, Accolade Dynamic Plus Sports Interior (Ivory)
Evoque. Coupe, Dynamic, Fuji, Pursuit (x2)
Scirocco 2.0 GT DSG, Black, Black Lthr, 19" Luganos
TT Mk 2, Grey, Audi Exclusive Int
SLK Mk 2, Blk, Beige Lthr
TT Mk 1, Blue, Silver Lthr
TT Mk 1, Silver, Grey Lthr
06-04-2016 01:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
window

RE: Time to say goodbye to Range Rover

(06-04-2016 01:16pm)CSJ Wrote:  Hi Everyone

After having had three Evoques' from new I have decided to say goodbye to Range Rover and have just ordered a Porsche Macan, my third Evoque has now gone and I will trundle round in a BMW X6 until September.

I still think that the Evoque is an amazing design and one which has moved the car world forward, indeed the car I am going to next may not even have existed if it was not for the Evoque.

My one big gripe about the Evoque has been build quality, please please please Land Rover sort this out!

All three of my Evoques have had quality issues, the first (a very early car) was replaced by the dealer after 2 months, the second was in about 4 times in a year, and the third has had a rattle which has driven me mad which could only be cured by opening the drivers window a centimetre, notwithstanding that the dealer had it in 8 times to try and sort it.

None of this is enough to put me off the car tho and I still smile every time I see one on the road, the interior design especially is something so Range Rover.

I did think about a change to a Range Rover Sport, but in reality it is just to big for me and I don't need or want a car quite that big just yet. Still time to change my mind I guess though its unlikely.

Have to wait until September to get the Porsche and will be interesting to see how it goes and whether the build quality is good, in the meantime I will of course continue to lurk on here and enjoy reading everyones thoughts about cars!

I bought my Evoque in November 2015. I have a few issues with the car. The all round camera system is one in particular. There is a lack of communication between Jaguar Land Rover and the Dealer and then the customer. Simply things take for ever to sort out.

I wish I had undertaken a better review of quality and service before purchasing.

Evoque HSE Dynamic Firenze Red
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 01:43pm by window.)
06-04-2016 01:39pm
AndyFrance

CSJ,

I agree with most of what you say, but I'm not sure that the Macan is born from the Evoque (from the Q5 maybe) as they're very different machines.

I still feel the relief of getting rid of my Evoque, but am still finding it hard to understand why JLR treated me so bad. My Macan is due end September.........Can hardly wait to be honest.

Good luck, would be interested how you get on with your Porsche later in the year.

Cheers
06-04-2016 06:01pm
CSJ

(06-04-2016 06:01pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  CSJ,

I agree with most of what you say, but I'm not sure that the Macan is born from the Evoque (from the Q5 maybe) as they're very different machines.

I still feel the relief of getting rid of my Evoque, but am still finding it hard to understand why JLR treated me so bad. My Macan is due end September.........Can hardly wait to be honest.

Good luck, would be interested how you get on with your Porsche later in the year.

Cheers

Hi AndyFrance

Sorry your experience was not great, hope the new car works out for you

Current: Porsche Macan, Pebble Interior, Volcano Grey, Bose, other extras which cost lots and should be standard

Gone:
06-04-2016 06:34pm
Good shot

Funny old game. I've had zero problems and highly competent and helpful stealers. My only complaint in 3 years is small boot space so I think I'll not be having another Evoque and am trying to reconcile the £25k gap between a top line Disco Sport and a bottom line RRS. Think it will probably be the Disco Sport in Santorini Black with privacy glass. My one reservation is that I really like the comfort of the Evoque seats and the Disco Sport will take a bit of research. Any experience of Disco Sport seat comfort / ride features will be welcome.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 07:48pm by Good shot.)
06-04-2016 07:47pm
Steve D

(06-04-2016 07:47pm)Good shot Wrote:  Any experience of Disco Sport seat comfort / ride features will be welcome.

When our Evoque was in for a warranty repair, they gave us a near new DS for 5 days. The only thing I really liked about it was the seats.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
06-04-2016 08:28pm
Good shot

(06-04-2016 08:28pm)Steve D Wrote:  When our Evoque was in for a warranty repair, they gave us a near new DS for 5 days. The only thing I really liked about it was the seats.

Thanks Steve D. Seems like I'm going to give it a serious test drive. I need the big boot. Any other comparisons with the Evoque? Doesn't sound as though you were too impressed. They look a bit dowdy inside compared to the Evoque.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
06-04-2016 09:42pm
Bruno787

my Evoque is turning 4 years old in July, I too am planning to get a base Macan 2 liter to co-exist with my Evoque or a GTS/Turbo to replace it. test drove the base macan, and it feels just like an evoque...but if given a choice if both cars were out the same time, id buy the evoque over a macan.

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
06-04-2016 10:44pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

They are meant to appeal to different markets, the Range Rover badge is supposed to be more luxurious and the Land Rover badge is more family/ utility focused. I haven't travelled very far in a DS but body roll in spirited driving is much more pronounced than in the Evoque, but the DS is a very nice car, just not meant to have any pretentious of sportiness.

CSJ, we are sorry that you are leaving us, enjoy your Macan when it arrives.
I'll have to suggest to Martin that he should consider a section of the forum for Macan owners.................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-04-2016 10:49pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-04-2016 10:45pm
CSJ

(06-04-2016 10:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  They are meant to appeal to different markets, the Range Rover badge is supposed to be more luxurious and the Land Rover badge is more family/ utility focused. I haven't travelled very far in a DS but body roll in spirited driving is much more pronounced than in the Evoque, but the DS is a very nice car, just not meant to have any pretentious of sportiness.

CSJ, we are sorry that you are leaving us, enjoy your Macan when it arrives.
I'll have to suggest to Martin that he should consider a section of the forum for Macan owners.................

Thanks Tim

Your posts on here are always great to read

Some day I suspect I will find myself in a RRS but not just yet. I guess you have your doubts about Evoque build quality as well and I am sorry to leave the brand as I want to support UK manufacturing. That said I cannot order another and constantly think its just not as good as it should be, three is probably enough.

The Macan costs more and maybe its an itch I need to scratch ( as it were) but having done 3 test drives it is quite a drive. The RRS just seems to be a much better piece of engineering and production than the Evoque, and build quality is so important. The Macan is a different motor to the Evoque and I want to give it a try.

I will continue to lurk though as the design of the Evoque is something special and it deserves to do well and sell in the figures it has

Gone:
06-04-2016 11:33pm