Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time to say good bye to my Indian car
SINGHY

Time to say good bye to my Indian car

After over 3 years of ownership I'm swapping my beloved Evoque for an Audi. I've really enjoyed it, not had any real issues. It's still the best looking SUV in its class, but I needed a little more space and fancied a V6 Diesel engine. So thanks to all the friends on the forum who like me ordered back in 2011 and then used the forum to help me get over the agonising wait. Really enjoyed the discussions, our visit to Halewood when I actually saw my car finished and waiting for collection as well as the get together with many of us excited owners one sunny Satuday afternoon in Gaydon
Thanks and as LR say One life, LIve it!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
23-05-2015 08:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AndyFrance

RE: Time to say good bye to my Indian car

SINGHY, I'm in the same position today as you were in 2011. After reading your message, I took the liberty of reading some of your early posts. I could feel your excitement, and found it funny that you'd not seen a similar car in the flesh as the one you'd ordered (same here).
Good luck with the Audi, I know you're going to love it. My Father has the 4.2d Q7. It is a class car, refined and goes like a rocket.

Best wishes
Andy
23-05-2015 12:42pm
SINGHY

Andy, I remember the excitement and anticipation, believe me it'll be worth the wait. My Evoque still turns heads and I know of 3 others near me where the owners bought them after seeing mine. Enjoy!

Pure SD4 5 door in Orkney Grey with Tech Pack, Xenons, Pan Roof, Auto dim mirror, Gloss black Dynamic grill upgrade, Roof, sde vents and waist rail wrapped in gloss black, Front Fogs, Style 4 Alloys and Spare Wheel - Collected on 6 April.
24-05-2015 09:17am
HotLap

Singhy, good luck with your new Audi and sorry to see you leaving the Evoque stable. I've only had my 2015 Prestige since late Feb of this year and am really liking it. Completely unique styling and blows the others in it's class away! I too checked out Audi, looked at the Q5 before I bought the Evoque. I heard the 2016's were going to be majorly restyled and I didn't want to be driving a new (old model) vehicle. Funny the Merc GLK was also on my list and was up for major restyling in 2016 as well. While the Evoque is also restyled for 2016, it was more subtle and (no offense to anyone), I <mostly> prefer the look of my 2015! I can see why Land Rover is gravitating towards the "Evoque look" on their recent redesigns!

Andy, you still waiting on your Evoque, seems it's been a while, perhaps your dealer order one of the Wind Rovers (Chinese copy) and it's on a slow boat to France Smile Hey where did you find your 20's? Assuming they are OEM shadow 20's?

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
26-05-2015 08:18pm
AndyFrance

HotLap...........I dunno, I'm starting to think I dreamt ordering the Evoque, and in some ways just wish I'd ordered a bloody 2015! If the dealer's guesstimate is correct, It'll be a full 8 month wait from order to delivery. I reckon it'll be longer, this is France after all...........Everything takes longer here (except surrender)!

The 20's were a bit of luck. See them advertised in the UK, and only 1 hour drive from my Father's house. He went and picked them up for me and I'll get them on my next visit to the UK. They are unused apart from delivery miles, swapped at dealership (apparently?). Come with latitude sport's for £1000.

The last word is for SINGHY.................Respect!
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2015 09:57pm by AndyFrance.)
26-05-2015 09:48pm
SINGHY

Thanks Andy. Even though Im saying goodbye to the Evoque tomorrow I still read through all the marketing material, LR goodies and magazine articles that I collected back in 2011. I'm passing all this nostalgia and sentiment to the new owner I just hope the Audi dealer doesn't bin it. Enjoy your Evoque, I know I did. Adios!

26-05-2015 10:38pm
HotLap

Wow, 8 months, I'd go bonkers for sure!!! I had to wait 5 months one time for a 2007 Shelby GT 500 convertible and it drive me nuts, especially since it was only coming from Detroit to SoCal...they somehow managed to take 21 days to assemble the West bound train from a Kansas City rail yard...so close yet so far...good luck to you and I admire your patience Smile

(26-05-2015 09:48pm)AndyFrance Wrote:  HotLap...........I dunno, I'm starting to think I dreamt ordering the Evoque, and in some ways just wish I'd ordered a bloody 2015! If the dealer's guesstimate is correct, It'll be a full 8 month wait from order to delivery. I reckon it'll be longer, this is France after all...........Everything takes longer here (except surrender)!

The 20's were a bit of luck. See them advertised in the UK, and only 1 hour drive from my Father's house. He went and picked them up for me and I'll get them on my next visit to the UK. They are unused apart from delivery miles, swapped at dealership (apparently?). Come with latitude sport's for £1000.

The last word is for SINGHY.................Respect!

2015 Evoque Prestige in Santorini Black with Ivory/Espresso interior
26-05-2015 10:53pm
The Valeter

I remember too the ordering in the early days. I went on one of those Landrover invited half days out with the new Evoque the day before launch. Had no intention at the time of buying one at the beginning of the day but by the end of that day we decided to order one lol & that was our Dynamic Lux Si4.

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
27-05-2015 09:25pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply