Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Order confirmed - job 2??
BFGEvoqueMan

Order confirmed - job 2??

Very exciting moment this week as i have received a compluter printout of my order. Is there someone in the know who can explain to me what Job2 build means? Is this the production run starting 28/11/11 when the TD4/ED4's start getting built?

Also of note is that on this printout it lists all the codes for the standard equipment and options to be fitted to my car. For the stereo it has the same option code as the 385w standard unit but "says audio high line 600W". Anybody (mainly working in Halewood) got any ideas?

I have had my confirmation that the pure style pack can be had as individual options, so I can get my 20" wheels. Happy days! However, rear vents can only be ordered with the rear seat entertainment system and the ordering sytem has rejected them as standalone options. This is a definate change from the original ddealer order guide, and not clear in the current published price list; never mind.

Very HappyVery Happy

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
23-05-2011 09:48am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
paulus599

RE: Order confirmed - job 2??

(23-05-2011 09:48am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  For the stereo it has the same option code as the 385w standard unit but "says audio high line 600W". Anybody (mainly working in Halewood) got any ideas?

That's a very detailed printout. I didn't think they would exist for a production run which could still be 6 months away. Very nice to have though Smile

The 600w audio is a bit of an odd ball. As you say the standard system is 385w and the upgrade is 825w. It's not listed as being part of the Tech pack or as a stand alone option either, so it's got me stumped. Hopefully someone can enlighten us all Smile

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
23-05-2011 04:26pm
Blackseries

(23-05-2011 09:48am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I have had my confirmation that the pure style pack can be had as individual options, so I can get my 20" wheels.

So does that mean you have ordered the Pure Style Pack and then paid to upgrade the wheels to 20" ?

If thats the case what did you pay in total ....... was it £1750 Style Pack ..... plus £450 to upgrade from 19" to 20" = £2200 or something else?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hang on a minute ....... I’ve just added up all the constituent parts of the Style Pack and it comes to ..... wait for it £1760!

So by buying them all together you save £10! Yippee do!

I always thought Packs were supposed to be a more cost effective of buying options – not a way for the Salesman to save time and ink.

Please someone tell me I’ve got it wrong.

This does seem to be the ethos though with the Evoque – the more you pay – the more you pay........ rather than the more you pay - the more you save. I suppose it’s a good business model if you can get away with it.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
(This post was last modified: 23-05-2011 07:30pm by Blackseries.)
23-05-2011 07:02pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(23-05-2011 07:02pm)Blackseries Wrote:  
(23-05-2011 09:48am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  I have had my confirmation that the pure style pack can be had as individual options, so I can get my 20" wheels.

So does that mean you have ordered the Pure Style Pack and then paid to upgrade the wheels to 20" ?

If thats the case what did you pay in total ....... was it £1750 Style Pack ..... plus £450 to upgrade from 19" to 20" = £2200 or something else?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hang on a minute ....... I’ve just added up all the constituent parts of the Style Pack and it comes to ..... wait for it £1760!

So by buying them all together you save £10! Yippee do!

I always thought Packs were supposed to be a more cost effective of buying options – not a way for the Salesman to save time and ink.

Please someone tell me I’ve got it wrong.

This does seem to be the ethos though with the Evoque – the more you pay – the more you pay........ rather than the more you pay - the more you save. I suppose it’s a good business model if you can get away with it.

I did the maths and the individual options were almost the same as the pack. I went for ordering the seats/mirrors/front fogs separately as I don't like the 19" wheel choices with the style pack (too similar to the standard car for the 5 door). So I esentially have the pure style pack but with 20" alloys for £460 more than the "standard" purestyle pack. Since most of the publicity cars have the 20" wheels and (imho) look the nicest this seemed like the best way to upgrade the visual presence of a pure for (relatively) not much money. With a couple of hundres spent on bright parts I'm sure not many would spot the diferance from a Prestige and I will be two grand better off.

You are absolutely right though that the packs should save you money. In this case I would expect the front fogs to be "free". I note with the Tech pack it is the only way to get a heated windscreen or headlight powerwash for the Pure (so some incentive to get the pack). It strikes me that unless you really need study the option list and work out the best way to get your combination for the cheapest money. I am used to ordering BMW and Mercedes where the option list is the option list and that packs save you about 10% but do not cut you off from any option just because it is in a pack. I think LR are trying to ape Mini and the like to create a vast array of over inflated specs for the used market. Having switched to my LR FL2 a couple of years ago it was nice not to have to do the German car thing and add £1000's of options, but sadly it seems to have gone that way with the evoque. A premium 4x4 brand and it dosn't come with front fogs or auto wipers/lights??

RANT OVER - Sorry!

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 24-05-2011 09:16am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
24-05-2011 09:16am
Blackseries

(24-05-2011 09:16am)BFGEvoqueMan Wrote:  A premium 4x4 brand and it dosn't come with front fogs or auto wipers/lights??

RANT OVER - Sorry!

.......or £2300 for rear air vents!

Don’t worry about the rant I'm completely with you ....

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
24-05-2011 09:27am
paulus599

I'm still intrigued with that 600w high line audio. Anyone have any ideas?

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
24-05-2011 09:33am
Kermit

(24-05-2011 09:33am)paulus599 Wrote:  I'm still intrigued with that 600w high line audio. Anyone have any ideas?

The product code is correct; the description is wrong.
25-05-2011 01:02am