Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
This years insurance... Shocker!!!
RacingSnake

This years insurance... Shocker!!!

I'm incredulous of this years premium.

For the past 3 years I've run 'multi-car' policies.

Last year I paid £730 with Aviva, I thought that was actually quite good.
Their renewal dropped through my door at £800 for this year - So I phoned them to ask why the 10% rise and they gave me some rubbish about general price rises.
They don't provide a general breakdown of 'price per car', but I imagined the Evoque made a large proportion of that cost.

Anyway, annoyed at the price rise with no changes in circumstances I phone around.
I ended up with Admiral (again), who do provide a breakdown.
Total Annual premium, 3 cars, 2 drivers - £452.50 Shocked Shocked
- Evoque 163.52
- Shogun 144.49
- Smart 144.49

I am gobsmacked, I even phoned them after the quote to check I had ticked all the right boxes and filled it in correct. Yep, all present and correct. Absolutely incredible, I didn't even fight for more money off (like I usually do), so I just paid up and we're all set for the next year Smile

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
10-04-2014 12:02pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: This years insurance... Shocker!!!

Hi Racing Snake.. i've been with Admiral multi-car since I bought the Evoque, the first years premium was gobsmakingly cheap, less than I was paying for the 1 car before! But be warned 3 years down the line it's almost doubled, and no-doubt If I switch to Aviva i'll be able to undercut it... which i'll probably have to do this year.

Why do they force their customers to do this and try to rip off customers that stay with them... That industry needs to be whipped into shape.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
10-04-2014 02:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RacingSnake

Ironically I was with Admiral 2 years ago, and they came in much higher, so then I switched to Aviva, and now back to admiral again this year.
I think what shocked me more, is that this year just over half of my renewal cost with Aviva Shocked

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
10-04-2014 02:11pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

Its the biggest scam going insurance renewals. You never make any claims yet for some reason year on year your asked to pay more. I had a very similar experience seem your current provide don't want to keep existing customers I was offered a renewal quote from axa which went up from £600 to £800 roughly rounded up the figures.

Went on comparison website gocampare and got a quote from esure for £460

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
11-04-2014 09:45am
jim4244

Admiral will always offer the lowest quote, but if you ever need to claim they provide a disgraceful level of service. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Jim

MY14 Dynamic, Firenze Red with Santorini Black roof, 9 speed, pano roof & privacy glass.
11-04-2014 10:54am
RacingSnake

(11-04-2014 10:54am)jim4244 Wrote:  Admiral will always offer the lowest quote, but if you ever need to claim they provide a disgraceful level of service. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole!

Jim
Ironically when I 'signed' yesterday, I had the Tv on mute, but it was "Don't get done, get Dom" doing a piece on a chap who was with Admiral and had problems with their payout! Laughing

11-04-2014 10:59am
Evo-king

In a similar vein my insurance for my other car is just about to be renewed, this is with SAGA, they've always been good to me.

My insurance renewal quote had gone up close to 25%, I phoned them and asked why, especially as the TV and newspapers have been quoting during this year how premiums were going down because of better fraud prevention measures and this would would be passed onto the motorist. The agent said that this was not the case with SAGA. The cynic in me says insurance companies will just do whatever they like to bleed the paying motorist dry.

I also tried to get a new quote from their website but it kept coming up with error messages, I mentioned this as well and the agent said that I could not get a fresh quote because I'd already registered with them, so yet one more option to reduce my costs down or on par with last year.

So it's off for another quotation elsewhere, they've lost my business this year. Perhaps I'll give Admiral a go as well as A plan on here.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
11-04-2014 07:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Saga was THE most expensive quote I had this year, almost triple what I ended up paying with Land Rover Insurance on the new car. Don't forget we have a broker as a forum sponsor who is well rated by several members

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-04-2014 08:40pm