Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Things to do when selling your Evoque
ceebee

Things to do when selling your Evoque

(14-09-2014 12:58am)Devonian Wrote:  To be fair ceebee, it's not always been the way the parts have been put together at the factory it's been the parts themselves. For example the alloy wheels were all starting to corrode so they were all replaced under the warranty. Land rover outsource parts like that to my knowledge.

Devonian, I completely agree and also have great sympathy for anyone who spends the type of money it takes to buy an Evoque and then gets problems.

I had issues with all 4 alloys on a Kuga and the Ford dealership were worse that sh?;e, so I never used that dealer again.

My point with the negative comments is simply the the Evoque is a prestige car and as such it will be a major purchase for most forum members. It must be a little disheartening for someone who has just placed an order and joins the forum whilst awaiting delivery to find so much negativity.

Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion and it's important for members to learn about potential issues they may experience, but it's human nature to moan when things are bad but not to shout so loudly when things are good (and I am just as guilty as others).

(14-09-2014 09:01am)Redrob Wrote:  So true ceebee, when I was in the retail trade we were told that if a customer received
bad service they told 17 people, if they received good, they told 2.
I would imagine that on any car forum, (Germans included) the complaints will outweigh the positives.

We also had the corroding alloy problem with Lexus, a few years back.

Redrob, I agree that all forums have their fair share of complaints as lots of members use then to vent their spleens..

Going Slightly off topic, I live in a great area, with good schools, decent restaurants, low crime etc.. And somewhere that many people (including myself) have to work long and hard to be able to afford to live. However, if you go onto the local residents forum you would be led to believe that it is worse than the Bronx with burglaries every day, abusive gangs on street corners and you can't walk three steps without treading in dog excrement. I have never experienced or seen anything of the sort, but now get people telling me that they would think twice before moving to my area.

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 03:31pm by ceebee.)
14-09-2014 09:04am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

RE: Things to do when selling your Evoque

Mines coming up to three years old now ....... not a single problem. No squeaks or rattles. Its a 5 door Auto I'm not sure if that makes any difference ..... really struggling to think what to replace it with - I've never had the same car twice ... but maybe this time.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-09-2014 12:35pm
bee

(14-09-2014 09:01am)Redrob Wrote:  So true ceebee, when I was in the retail trade we were told that if a customer received
bad service they told 17 people, if they received good, they told 2.
I would imagine that on any car forum, (Germans included) the complaints will outweigh the positives.

We also had the corroding alloy problem with Lexus, a few years back.

wait for it -- well im very pleased with both my evoque and my main dealer hatfields of hull. Very Happy

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
14-09-2014 04:05pm
B_o_b_o

To those who have had zero issues with their Evoque then it must feel great to criticise those who have for complaining after spending so much money on an alleged 'prestige' vehicle.

I empathise with owners who have rightly recognised such problems as I, myself, have had to return mine for a variety of warranty repairs e.g.

- rattles from drivers door (took AGES to resolve and now the passenger side has started and I'm not sure I can be bothered going through endless trips to the dealer and mucking about with courtesy cars again)
- wobbly trim (replaced A-pillar trim)
- then after 24K it decided to stop locking and unlocking properly > had to have a new drivers door latch and cable replaced

Even now, i hear stuff buzzing, rattling, squeaking as I drive along which I find very distracting. The kicker is that I had to drive a Fiesta the other day and I heard nothing!
20-09-2014 02:17pm
timhum

Our Evoque is now 2 years old and has covered 27k miles and no issues;must be one of the lucky onesVery Happy
Many forum members refer to the Evoque as a prestige car, can this be a fair description of a car that starts at a little above £30k. I think LR marketing has done too good a job on us all in making us believe that rather than than the fact that it is a rebodied and slightly tarted up Freelander. This opinion is no criticism of the Evoque but purely my take on it.

Tim
Evoque SD4 Pure Tech, Auto, Orkney, Panoramic roof, dipping and folding mirrors
23-09-2014 02:27am
B_o_b_o

(23-09-2014 02:27am)timhum Wrote:  Our Evoque is now 2 years old and has covered 27k miles and no issues;must be one of the lucky onesVery Happy
Many forum members refer to the Evoque as a prestige car, can this be a fair description of a car that starts at a little above £30k. I think LR marketing has done too good a job on us all in making us believe that rather than than the fact that it is a rebodied and slightly tarted up Freelander. This opinion is no criticism of the Evoque but purely my take on it.

It is prestige compared to a Fiesta. However, it's all in the eye of the beholder. I don't think it is unreasonable to expect decent build quality at such a price point. I wouldn't get too complacent either just because you seem to think you are lucky. Karma is a wonderful thing.
23-09-2014 09:48am
m_101

I would agree with you in that the list price on mine would have been 47k. I think any car at that price point could definitely be considered prestige.
I have to say my wife is nowhere near as bothered as I am by a few rattles and loves the car, so it's probably going to go to her as and when we have children and I'll buy something else, probably something less based on the way it looks and more based on build quality and my impressions after a decently long test drive (not the 40 minutes I got in the Evoque).

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
24-09-2014 01:07pm