Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Things to do when selling your Evoque
Devonian

Things to do when selling your Evoque

I'm soon due to trade in my Evoque for a new one. Started thinking about what I need to do in terms of deleting data from the software in it - phone numbers etc.

Is there a way of wiping everything in the same way as you would if you were selling your phone?

I've had so many different quality issues with my car, the dealership is having it off me and is doing me a good deal on a new one. It's my pride and joy but I couldn't take the risk of running it out of warranty. It's had over £5k of warranty work done on it over the last 6 months. To be fair to the dealership they've gone a long way to try and keep me as a customer.

To the guys who have a current model and have owned older versions - will I notice much of a difference?

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
13-09-2014 10:43am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Things to do when selling your Evoque

Yes you will, the torque vectoring is noticable if you start driving on twisty roads, my new car generates noticably less tyre noise on the Michelin Latitudes than the last one did on the Continentals. You will have TMPS as standard on any Evoque built since July - no need to get out of the car to check tyre pressures as the system shows not only actual pressure, it also shows the required pressures too. Regarding phone numbers that might be stored, I think they are read from your phone. One thing to remove is the "home" function
Which model are you going for?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 12:03pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-09-2014 11:48am
Devonian

I'm going for a Dynamic SD4 auto 5 door. Going for Corris Grey with a black panoramic roof, 825W stereo and blind spot indicators. The service pack too as that's a no brainer. I'm hoping that I was just unlucky with my car.

Am I right in thinking that you can't spec the cameras separately? I use them a fair bit but don't want the Lux pack again.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
13-09-2014 01:23pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

As far as I am aware they are only available as part of the Lux pack, I never use mine......

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2014 02:20pm
Devonian

I think I must be out of step with the majority on this one as I used them all the time.

13-09-2014 03:34pm
Redrob

The blind spot indicators are a must have, I find them really helpfull.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
13-09-2014 07:58pm
Tony

(13-09-2014 10:43am)Devonian Wrote:  I'm soon due to trade in my Evoque for a new one. Started thinking about what I need to do in terms of deleting data from the software in it - phone numbers etc.

Is there a way of wiping everything in the same way as you would if you were selling your phone?

I've had so many different quality issues with my car, the dealership is having it off me and is doing me a good deal on a new one. It's my pride and joy but I couldn't take the risk of running it out of warranty. It's had over £5k of warranty work done on it over the last 6 months. To be fair to the dealership they've gone a long way to try and keep me as a customer.

To the guys who have a current model and have owned older versions - will I notice much of a difference?

If you are asking simply about build quality - then no you won't notice any difference - it still sucks!

It will still squeak, rattle, bits will fall off, will strand you with no gears AND it will cost you more!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
13-09-2014 08:20pm
ceebee

Re: Things to do when selling your Evoque

I am sure we all appreciate the problems some members have had with their Evoques, but in my opinion the negativity is wearing a bit thin now.

It seems very popular for some members to wade in with the age old Rattles, Crap dealerships and poor build quality arguments (which I appreciate must be very frustrating). However, even positive or new members posts are now sometimes shot down with "It's just a matter of time before it breaks" comments by members.

I've had 2 Evoques, no rattles or issues at all and dealer has been fine.

So now I will just wait for the "you must be one of the lucky ones" comments! Tongue Out

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014 11:19pm by ceebee.)
13-09-2014 11:13pm
Devonian

To be fair ceebee, it's not always been the way the parts have been put together at the factory it's been the parts themselves. For example the alloy wheels were all starting to corrode so they were all replaced under the warranty. Land rover outsource parts like that to my knowledge.

14-09-2014 12:58am
Redrob

So true ceebee, when I was in the retail trade we were told that if a customer received
bad service they told 17 people, if they received good, they told 2.
I would imagine that on any car forum, (Germans included) the complaints will outweigh the positives.

We also had the corroding alloy problem with Lexus, a few years back.

MY13 Dynamic coupe Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY14 Dynamic 5 door Orkney Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc......soon to be
MY15 Dynamic Lux Fuji White Pano Power tailgate DTRL's etc.
(This post was last modified: 14-09-2014 09:02am by Redrob.)
14-09-2014 09:01am