Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thermostat
Calef

Thermostat

About 3,800 miles into the Evoque and my "Check Engine" light came on. I bought it to the dealership and they said the fault was a bad thermostat. A day later they had the part and they called me and said the bottom hose is leaking... another day to get the part. My thought is they damaged the hose removing the thermostat. Hopefully it comes home from the dealership today. Ether way, this is not the reliability I was hoping for! The LR2 seems to be trouble free for the most part, I was hoping the Evoque we be the same...
09-03-2012 12:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

RE: Thermostat

Did the temperature gauge show normal operation?

I am slightly suspicious about this gauge in that the setting displayed seems not to deviate at all from the central marker once the engine is up to temperature. I've never seen it deviate from that point.

in other words, I wonder whether the software displays this standard setting for a valid range of operating temperatures and only deviates when things get hot and bothered.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
09-03-2012 01:47pm
miha.m

@Mark, I have the same suspicion for my MINI,... but it was also the same on AUDI A6 i had for 4 last years and now on Passat which I drive at the moment,...
hm,...

Evoque TD4 Prestige (Barolo black, Couture interior)
MINI Cooper S "John Cooper Works" tuning (2004)
Harley Davidson Rocker C - FXCW/C (2009)
09-03-2012 04:36pm
timslim

I currently have an Audi S4 and once up to tempererature the guage never moves, regardless of traffic conditions/outside temperature.

I think modern cars are far better at regulating temperature, so you may not see much movement

Dynamic Si4 Santorini Black, with Ebony interior. Collected 24th March Smile
09-03-2012 04:41pm
PhilSkill

Pretty sure they are filtered around the centre mark as well as the fact the temperatures are better regulated so only larger deviation from the normal operating temperature shows up. Mazda 6 does same, never see it move once warned up.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
09-03-2012 04:54pm
WB
WB

My last BMW and Merc were the same (BMW had analogue temp and Merc had digital) - once up to temp it just stayed there!
09-03-2012 05:20pm
Firenze

My girlfriends mini doesn't even have a temperature gauge, I am impressed how quickly the heater heats up seems like within a mile from cold

Firenze Dynamic Si4, Pano roof, Verve, Ebony headliner, Black Strata, Privacy glass, Lux Pack - Enjoying since 7/3/12
15-03-2012 10:57pm
Barneyridge

My Subaru did not have a guage, only a light when over heated. I really missed the guage, but glad to have back in the Evoque.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
16-03-2012 09:29pm