Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The sun is coming out and time for a wash and polish
Mark^^

The sun is coming out and time for a wash and polish

Well for the first time since I picked up my car in late April I have had a chance to give it a proper wash and polish, as the sun came out and the cold abated somewhat.

Photos

[Image: DSC03187_zpsf38d1176.jpg]

[Image: DSC03176_zps1d24db8f.jpg]

[Image: DSC03175_zps19b5f7e7.jpg]

[Image: DSC03181_zpsbe5e246b.jpg]

[Image: DSC03178_zpsa5e34323.jpg]

Even time to clean and tidy the engine bay

[Image: DSC03173_zps03a14ffe.jpg]

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
11-08-2013 10:19am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: The sun is coming out and time for a wash and polish

Looking good Mark, what products did you use?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-08-2013 09:11pm
KaDargo

(11-08-2013 09:11pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Looking good Mark, what products did you use?

I was going to reply to this and add a photo - but I can't.

I clicked 'browse', selected my photo, then 'add attachment' - and nothing happened.

What am I doing wrong?

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
12-08-2013 10:29am
Mark^^

Hi Phil, for the car wash I used Meguiar's ultimate wash n wax and then a coat of Mothers FX Spray Wax. On the black trim, the mud flaps, plastic trim around the cargo door and the engine bay covers, I used Mother back to black. Of course I also cleaned and waxed the painted areas of the door sills and under the bonnet. The wheels were washed with the car wash and tyres treated with Mothers Protectant

I would normally I use Swissvax, Zaino or sometimes P21S products, but I was low on supplies. However I did have Swissvax leather cleaner and milk for the insides.

KaDargo, I upload my photos to photobucket and the use the link text to link the photos here.

(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 10:56am by Mark^^.)
12-08-2013 10:47am
KaDargo

(12-08-2013 10:47am)Mark^^ Wrote:  Hi Phil, for the car wash I used Meguiar's ultimate wash n wax and then a coat of Mothers FX Spray Wax. On the black trim, the mud flaps, plastic trim around the cargo door and the engine bay covers, I used Mother back to black. Of course I also cleaned and waxed the painted areas of the door sills and under the bonnet. The wheels were washed with the car wash and tyres treated with Mothers Protectant

I would normally I use Swissvax, Zaino or sometimes P21S products, but I was low on supplies. However I did have Swissvax leather cleaner and milk for the insides.

KaDargo, I upload my photos to photobucket and the use the link text to link the photos here.

How do I do it from my PC - don't use photobucket

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
12-08-2013 11:40am
Mark^^

sorry that's the only way I know

12-08-2013 11:49am
KaDargo

<iframe src="https://skydrive.live.com/embed?cid=7D15D11E79D7596D&resid=7D15D11E79D7596D%211190&authkey=AAjJ9mCTw9h4p-8" width="320" height="180" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>

12-08-2013 01:41pm
PhilSkill

(12-08-2013 11:40am)KaDargo Wrote:  How do I do it from my PC - don't use photobucket

Hi KaDargo, Hit [browse] on the bottom left select the jpg (must be less than 600kb) then hit [add attachment], you can then insert into post if you wish. If the screen refreshes after Add attachment look for a message at the top, but it'll be because the file is too large.

(12-08-2013 10:47am)Mark^^ Wrote:  Hi Phil, for the car wash I used Meguiar's ultimate wash n wax and then a coat of Mothers FX Spray Wax. On the black trim, the mud flaps, plastic trim around the cargo door and the engine bay covers, I used Mother back to black. Of course I also cleaned and waxed the painted areas of the door sills and under the bonnet. The wheels were washed with the car wash and tyres treated with Mothers Protectant

It may not be Swisswax, but it looks good on what you used, don't know the Mothers brand here in UK.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2013 08:21pm by PhilSkill.)
12-08-2013 08:18pm
Mark^^

Well I decided after 6 months of ownership that my Evoque needed a proper detail. So I found this guy fairly close to me, looked as some of his previous work and decided to go for it.

The full weekend (14 hours of work) was taken up doing: a detail, paint protection and application of Opti-Guard. Ash did a fantastic job.

The blurb on Opti-coat, goes: "Opti-Coat is a pre-polymer that cross links and forms a continuous film on the surfaces it is applied to, similar to a single component isocyanate that forms a clear coat finish. Opti-Coat also reacts with the substrate that it is applied to so it will not delaminate".

What ever it does the car looks better then when it was new. Photos here

02-09-2013 01:19am
m_101

Mark^^ that looks amazing - getting mine detailed was worthwhile - would be keen for an update on the opti-coat in a few months to see how it's wearing! Considering getting something similar done to mine, probably next spring.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
03-09-2013 11:09pm