Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The first Presnamic
Evo-king

RE: The first Presnamic

(13-11-2011 08:39pm)mark_n Wrote:  Question: those silver scuff plates (or whatever we want to call them) front and back, are they seaprately detachable from the bumpers or an integral part of it? I know one side removes to show the towing eye at the back but what about the other side? And the front? The reason for asking is I weant to paint mine black and it would be easier to do withot removing the whole bumper cover.

mark_n

Is that a tryping error or bad spillingLaughingLaughing

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-11-2011 10:06pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blackseries

(13-11-2011 08:39pm)mark_n Wrote:  Question: those silver scuff plates (or whatever we want to call them) front and back, are they seaprately detachable from the bumpers or an integral part of it? I know one side removes to show the towing eye at the back but what about the other side? And the front? The reason for asking is I weant to paint mine black and it would be easier to do withot removing the whole bumper cover.

Both the sides come off but unfortunately the bridge joining them doesn't (not easily anyway) .... and the one on the front bumper "looks" like you need to get the front bumper off to dismantle it – I couldn't see a way of getting it off easily .....but then again it wasn’t my car so I didn't try too hard.

I should know a bit more detail over the next couple of weeks.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
14-11-2011 03:34pm
deebabe2004

Soooo sexy! Makes me want mine sooooo bad! I will keep a picture of urs on my laptop desk to to remind me whats coming. Great Pictures, Congratz!

Soon to be the proud owners of a Baby Rangie!

Pure - TD4 Manual - Fuji - 20" Silver Sparkle Style 6 - Ebony Leather & Ebony headliner - Tech Pack - Clearview Pack & Pano Roof - Rear Vents, Paint & Interior protection, Tint

04-12-2011 01:33pm
JD09UK

(06-11-2011 05:23pm)SW6RR Wrote:  So - here it is in slightly more glory than before (including a slightly dodgy photostitched shot of the interior...).

Love everything about it inside and out. I love the look of the Dynamic, but I prefer mine with the retained silver trim, so don't think I'll be changing that.

Drove through central London around midnight last night (St James's, Piccadilly, Shaftesbury Ave, Regent St, Kings Road, etc). Reaction was incredible - people were stopping me on the road to talk (luckily traffic was slow, as always!).
The rest of the photos.

Hi SW6RR

I'm loving you Evoque. Mine should be here next week in black 3 door with lux pack. I will post some pics next week. I was looking at the white in the 3 door with a black roof. But i just sold a white 1 series convertible. So i thought the black would do for now. How was the reaction when you drove it though london. I can't wait t see peoples face when i get my one. Did you get a tracker fitted. My insurance company told me to get a tracker as they won't insurer the evoque for theft.
06-12-2011 03:10pm
Straydox

(06-12-2011 03:10pm)JD09UK Wrote:  Did you get a tracker fitted. My insurance company told me to get a tracker as they won't insurer the evoque for theft.

Is that right, you couldn't get theft cover for the Evoque? Is that because it is South London or is the Evoque lacking in security features?

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
06-12-2011 03:30pm
JD09UK

(06-12-2011 03:30pm)Straydox Wrote:  Is that right, you couldn't get theft cover for the Evoque? Is that because it is South London or is the Evoque lacking in security features?

Hi

My insurance company said because the car is worth just over 50K you have to get a tracker or the vehicle won't be insured for theft and also because the Evoque is not a vehicle you can buy from a dealer there will be a high demand for theft. So i think i will get one as i live in south london and we have 2 1series convertibles and 1 1series coupe and Merc S500 and my evoque next week.

Someone did try to brake in to my house a couple months ago trying to nick our vehicles. So best thing is to get a tracker fitted.
06-12-2011 05:10pm
SW6RR

Reaction in London has been good - I drove it through Soho on a Saturday night just after I got it and, uninhibited by drink, the masses were practically throwing themselves on the bonnet...!

I didn't have a tracker fitted - told I didn't need one (I live in SW6 though, so north of the River...!). Maybe insurance companies have blacklisted S.London...!

Arrived (5/11/11): SD4 5-door "Presnamic" Lux Very Happy Auto, Fuji, Spirit/Tan, Style 8 20" Wheels, fully loaded (bar RSE, smoker's pack and Homelink)
06-12-2011 08:31pm