Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Rain Problems: Waterlogged Kerb Camera & Excess Passenger Door Water
flurberman

Rain Problems: Waterlogged Kerb Camera & Excess Passenger Door Water

Hi all,

Today's non-stop rain in Northampton seems to be causing a few problems with my Evoque...

The passenger kerb camera mounted in the wing mirror seems to have got waterlogged, I can't get a clear picture and wiping it makes no difference. Has anyone experienced problems with rain infiltrating surround cameras before?

Maybe it's related but I've also noticed that whenever I open the passenger door, a HUGE amount of water crashes to the floor. (Obviously, the longer i leave the car in the rain, the more water). Thankfully, it doesn't get into the cabin, the sheer amount seems strange. At first I thought it might be a 'feature' but I don't get any water problems opening the driver's side.

Obviously, I'll get both things checked out by the dealer but was just curious to see if anyone else had experienced similar problems.

Thanks
Phil

Ps Am loving the car, the blind spot monitors are ace! Smile

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
11-06-2012 04:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Rain Problems: Waterlogged Kerb Camera & Excess Passenger Door Water

I'm sure there was a thread about the reverse cam getting all bleary because of water ingress

but the funky design of the lower door seal (will butt up against the sill - rocker panel for our US friends) has a wide ledge that water collects on..

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
11-06-2012 05:08pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Rain Problems: Waterlogged Kerb Camera & Excess Passenger Door Water

water problems.....have killed my blind spot monitoring after having to drive through a not very deep flood on the road. Mirror illuminate for about two mins, and then nothing since...Sad

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
11-06-2012 05:46pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply