Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Voke does Chernobyl
dan_uk_1984

The Voke does Chernobyl

10 Friends | 4,000 Miles | 7 Countries | 10 Days

On the 26th of Dec 2018, 10 friends will be setting off from various points across the UK, all meeting at Folkestone - their destination - Chernobyl, Ukraine.

We have an Evoque, a Freelander 1, a Volvo XC70 and a Mitsubishi Outlander. We'll be travelling from England through France, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany, Poland, Ukraine. The wait back will see us travel south through Slovakia, then hit Austria, Italy and Switzerland.

All cars have been fully prepped, the Volvo and the Mitsubishi needing fairly serious modifications to cope with the extreme conditions (very poor quality roads and snow) The Evoque and Freelander have required 1 modification: Winter Tyres.

I'll do a big write up afterwards, but you can follow our adventure here:

https://www.facebook.com/chernobyl2k18/

2014 Dynamic Lux SD4 - Firenze Red
22-12-2018 08:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: The Voke does Chernobyl

Sounds interesting, I have Ukraine officers sailing with me on this ship and they think you are mad to be going to Ukraine, not because of Chernobyl but because of the chances none of you will get home with your nice cars in one piece - theft is commonplace..........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-12-2018 04:07pm
dan_uk_1984

It's definitely a concern - but I've taken security measures in the Evoque.

26-12-2018 04:19pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Also they tell me that driving a right hand drive car in Ukraine can cause very big problems (even on foreign plates as very few foreign cars visit Ukraine and driving an imported rhd car is illegal there) with the extremely corrupt traffic police so be prepared for big demands for cash “presents” and the possibility of nights in jail during “document checks”

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-12-2018 06:57pm
dan_uk_1984

So much to tell you guys, but currently on our way back through the Dolomite Mountains of Northern Italy.

Will be back in a couple of days - watch this space.

Again, keep up at our Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/chernobyl2k18/

03-01-2019 08:02am