Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The MY13 debate.....................
Chunk

The MY13 debate.....................

Well here we go again it seems!!

after the 12 plate or 62 plate debate and my dealer giving me the great news that my car will be ready to pick up on the 14th of July (saturday!!) a full 2 months earlier than planned i now have a whole new dilemma to consider!

im feeling mixed emotions now, having found out that MY13 is closer than i first thought it would be and having waited 5 months already for the car im wondering if im doing the right thing picking my 'new' car up on saturday which will actually be an old model as soon as i sign for it.

Im spending £47,000 on a car, the biggest transaction i have made since my mortgage and i want to be 100% sure and happy with the purchase.........i have to say im currently very stressed thinking and thinking but i should be sooo excited my car is here early!!

any thoughts??

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
12-07-2012 10:46am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Token

RE: The MY13 debate.....................

I really wouldn't worry about the new model...the changes are insignificant and the Model Year is actually proven to make very little difference in terms of used values.

I have pretty much your exact car in Coupe form in which I have done 12,500 trouble free miles. I have had some issues with fitting a cargo barrier (now resolved, albeit it took a long time) and I have had to have some door seals replaced under warranty. That aside, the car i fine.

This is a great forum but the downside of any forum is that you almost know too much which just causes worries!! Before the car was launched a load of us ordered the Grey (can't remember what it was called) but this was then changed to Orkney Grey which caused us all no end of stress...was it as nice, has that ruined it, should we change, should we wait for the original grey to become available...do a search and you will find hundreds of messages about it!! However...when Orkney Grey arrived everyone was happy and I've not seen a single complaint about it! If I hadn't read this forum I wouldn't have even known about it...as it was, I stressed for a good few weeks about whether to change the order and spend literally tens of hours looking into it. All for nothing!

Don't stress. The car is great. Waiting for the new model is pointless in my humble opinion. Just enjoy the experience...leave the worry until you have something to worry about.

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
12-07-2012 10:54am
Urban Splash

No great difference with MY13. Not worth waiting for. Significant changes such as 8spd auto would have been worth waiting for, but not for MY13.

I might change the front grille on mine depending on what it looks like..

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
12-07-2012 11:09am
Chunk

the biggest change seems to be the option of the prestige oxford leather interior, but as i have the plus pack i already have that leather on the dash and doorcards so makes no difference. As for the grille as you say im sure i could retrofit if it was nicer than the MY12 one.

Token - thanks for your reply to my post, i know im being a bit cautious but after reading your post it has had the desired affect and made me feel a lot better. I actually rang my mate, he told me he had a dilemma when the audi a3 changed to a full face grille (major facelift) he waited for that but as this is just a tweak he also said just go for it now, not worth waiting again for another car!

Ordered Feb 2012 - Orkney grey 5dr Dynamic SD4 Automatic. Lux pack, Dynamic plus Pack (velocity ebony leather) ebony headliner and gloss black finishers. Shadow chrome style 7s, heated steering wheel and a spare wheel just in case! Build date 6/7/12 delivery date 23/7/12. Built 3/7 pick up 14/7!!!!!
12-07-2012 11:17am
mark_n

Recent Freelanders have an LR badge on the front grille, does nothing for me. They may have made changes under the covers to make it easier to make in the light of experience but good there is nothing major.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
12-07-2012 11:40am
The Valeter

If we all worried about this we would never collect a car as model changes happen every year & sometimes inbetween too.
If you get a 13MY this time next year it will be going out of date shortly.

Normally at the end of a rum of a car as in when a Mk1 becomes a Mk2 most folk say "I prefer the early ones!".

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
12-07-2012 05:43pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
evoquemayne

Chunk - Same situation as you, to the letter. About 47K, collecting in a few days. Was worried, not after actually reading the changes.

I can see why some folk, perhaps the more reserved of us, would be pretty pissed if they can now choose Prestige Leather in a Dynamic. But personally, I went for Verve anyway and would choose it over any of the Prestige leather options, honest. Absolutely love it and will match my car perfectly. I accept having a leather dash would be nice, but I like the Soft Grain material anyway.

No biggie. The car is virtually the same. Although I shan't lie, I wouldn't mind a retrofit of the seat motors.
12-07-2012 06:01pm
Griff449

I'm e petting mine in Sept so not sure what mine will be.......

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
12-07-2012 06:36pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ranger4

(12-07-2012 06:01pm)evoquemayne Wrote:  Chunk - Same situation as you, to the letter. About 47K, collecting in a few days. Was worried, not after actually reading the changes.

I can see why some folk, perhaps the more reserved of us, would be pretty pissed if they can now choose Prestige Leather in a Dynamic. But personally, I went for Verve anyway and would choose it over any of the Prestige leather options, honest. Absolutely love it and will match my car perfectly. I accept having a leather dash would be nice, but I like the Soft Grain material anyway.

No biggie. The car is virtually the same. Although I shan't lie, I wouldn't mind a retrofit of the seat motors.

Exactly the same feeling as me. If I had to choose again, I would still go for the verve perforated leather seats over the prestige style leather, as they really suit the sporty feeling of the dynamic and provide a bit of contrast with their two-tone colour scheme.

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
12-07-2012 06:38pm
Jonathon555

I have just collect my car , I am happy with what I got.

It is a pre price increase car , this happened on my last Audi

It was built 1 week before the new 2010 spec with all sorts of extras

Was I bothered ?

Not for 1 sec as I loved the 2009 spec car

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
12-07-2012 07:25pm