Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 3 Average
The List of Suggested Improvements (was 2012 Software Update List)
RoverMD

2012 Software Update List

If you set the language and speech cues to a British/UK voice, it won't let you use the nav here in the US. you have to choose English US or the nav wont work.

'12 Dynamic - Buckingham Blue
01-01-2012 11:55pm
Find all posts by this user
Blackseries

RE: 2012 Software Update List

Here is my list.

I appreciate some of these things may be available already but I’ve not been able to set them up so here goes.

1. When driving I always like to have the map showing so I would like to set the “home screen” to be the map and for it to always be there when I start the car. Other people may want something else so I suppose what I’m asking for is a non volatile, properly configurable Home screen... and maybe for European cars something that we don’t need to “agree to” EVERY b****y time we start the car!
BTW I use the SWYS function to swap between DAB, phone and ipod etc so don’t need the std home screen.

2. Not sure how to deal with this one but when I park I would like to access the surround cameras quickly. So either a SWYS “Park Right” or “Park Left” command which instantly switches on the front right (or Left) bumper and wing mirror cameras .... or set the head unit up so that as soon as you drop below a certain speed (say 8mph) 2 soft buttons appear Park Left & Park Right – plus automatically put on front and rear parking sensors. People may be able to think of other speed dependant functions (or soft buttons) they may like.

3. Agree with others that rear camera should be the first element in the boot cycle .... not the last. I’ve often finished my manoeuvres by the time the rear camera comes on.

4. I know this is probably a proprietary thing but any chance of a Nissan type “constructed aerial view” using the surround cameras.

5. Better dimming levels for the Sat Nav Screen ... to my eyes even on lowest settings it’s too bright.

6. Show what TMS information is being used to divert me. 90% of UK TMS is out of date so knowing what is being used would really help.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
02-01-2012 01:04pm
olde

RE: Combined Software Update List

Wow! We have listed some impressive ways to improve the Evoque's software.

When I get back from the Consumer Electronics Show, I'll combine all suggestions and re-post them, so you guys can re-edit the use cases and prioritize the overall list.

Some of your suggestions would hardly cost any time or cash for Land Rover to retro-actively implement in our 2011/2012 models... Making us all even happier with our excellent Evoques! Very Happy

I know Land Rover is watching this thread with interest, so I'd also like to congratulate Land Rover for having a customer base that is dedicated to helping them stay the best.

Thanks to all of you!

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
10-01-2012 08:40pm
fam1x

So right LR should take a note of this has any considered that the potential buying power this forum has. Just think for a moment roughly 1500 members most have a car on order, say roughly 1000 orders in place with some got their cars. Average cost of a evoque say £40000. Simply enough maths indicates the forum is worth £40 million to LR, you expect them to listen.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
10-01-2012 10:29pm
LDT

Interesting point. +1

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
11-01-2012 12:25am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

How about daylight running rear lights for those who don't have auto on lights................................

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-01-2012 01:13pm
Rootsboy

(02-01-2012 01:04pm)Blackseries Wrote:  3. Agree with others that rear camera should be the first element in the boot cycle .... not the last. I’ve often finished my manoeuvres by the time the rear camera comes on.

yes this is a must, the camera is amazing and i use it loads, but it does need to more snappy at working, sometimes it does not work at all, or the guide lines don't appear.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
11-01-2012 01:22pm
EVO PUNDITT

(11-01-2012 01:22pm)Rootsboy Wrote:  yes this is a must, the camera is amazing and i use it loads, but it does need to more snappy at working, sometimes it does not work at all, or the guide lines don't appear.

Not had that problem, mine works fine and comes on straight away but take about 5 seconds to shut once out of reverse Tongue Out

Pure: SD4,Manual,pan roof,electric tail gate,reversing cam,tints,xenons (finally), 19" style 4 and in orkney grey 5 door,ebony headliner,f/s/mirrors,Nov build and Dec arrived
11-01-2012 02:17pm
PhilSkill

This morning I conciously unlocked the car, put my bag on the back seat via rear door, sat in the drivers seat, started it, put the seat belt on, and put it in reverse, and the camera came up, ok so 10-15 secs for putting my bag in the back might not always happen, but can't need to be too much faster!?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-01-2012 04:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Evo I think the shut off is at a fixed forward speed rather than after a time - same as the awful security self locking which I ended up disabling.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-01-2012 04:39pm
Thread Closed