Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
The Final Order Call From The Dealer?
The Valeter

The Final Order Call From The Dealer?

How long before your chosen delivery date do you generally get the call from the dealer for final spec changes and or your build date?

Mine is due for delivery on March the 1st but I have heard nothing & have just seen a thread saying the customer has their order call & the delivery is later than mine! Crying

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
04-01-2012 08:22pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: The Final Order Call From The Dealer?

You need to ask your dealer if it is has been committed for build, no changes after that.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
04-01-2012 09:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

Found out today that it has left the holding pool with the wrong spec! but the last day for spec change (just as well) is Feb 22nd so either way it won't be with me on March the 1st which when I first enquired & ordered I made many points of saying is what I would have liked.

I only got contacted today after I called another of thier branches initially as an enquiry after reading a thread yesterday about someone getting their call from the dealer & their delivery date was after mine. I took the decision to phone another of their branches to quote the thread on here I read & asked that had I placed an order with them on October 1st with a requested delivery for March 1st should I have had a phone all by now? He said that almost certainly I should & that he allways kept customers informed no matter what. I said that perhap I should transfer the order to them as this particualar branch was actually more convenient to me. He added that the boss of his dealership was also the boss of where mine is on order from & that he would speak to his boss & or the DP..

3 hours later I recieved a call from the Dealer Principal who was very appologetic, he asked a few questions & said he would get back to me & 20 mins later he did then a further 20 mins later my salesman called me to confirm spec - just as well as it was wrong lol.

While I had the P.P on the phone I informed him that the reason I hadn't ordered the car from the branch he was at was that when I initially rang them back in late August/early Sept I rang to get a trade in price for the FL2 but when I asked the receptionist to be put through to sales she said new or used & when I replied I want a price for my FL2 she told me all the salesmen were busy & didn't have time to give out buy in prices - needless to say he wasn'y overly impressed with that either!

Still at least the plus side is that in my conversation with the boss I am likely to recieve some goodies!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 12:16am by The Valeter.)
05-01-2012 09:18pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fam1x

What dealer was that think we should name and shame these bad dealers. I've virtually have had no calls from my dealer. It's been me chasing them I'm expecting deliver on the 19th Jan, you think I should have heard something from them by now.

I think I should find out who the princpal for Lookers (Battersea) is and write to them, and inform them that once I get me car I'm taking any future business elsewhere plus 4 of my friends have range rovers too.

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 10:17pm by fam1x.)
05-01-2012 10:13pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

All said when the salesman did call me he did sound rough & confirmed it was his first day back after the break & was still unwell. He added that the info that my car had been transferred from the holding pool had come just before Christmas but had only been given to him this afternoon & was going to call within the next day or so.
He also said that he didn't want to keep bothering me, I said if it's to do with the car then you can call as often as you like it is no bother!
I have been told to expect a further call in the next day or so & another from the D.P on Monday.

I believe it goes to build around the 10th of March.

(This post was last modified: 06-01-2012 12:22am by The Valeter.)
06-01-2012 12:20am