Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Thank you Gaydon & Halewood
Blackseries

Thank you Gaydon & Halewood

I’ve just finished my annual 1,100 mile Friends and Family pre Christmas “tour”. From Edinburgh to Hastings via Middlesbrough and then back through the Cotswolds. The 6 day trip included 2 days of continuous rain. The Evoque didn’t miss a beat. More than that, the Engineers at Gaydon seem to have achieved a feat that not even Westminster or assorted local authorities could pull off ....namely resurface the entire UK road network. Having had 15+ years plus of German cars with sports suspension I thought to get control you had to have a rock hard ride.... well not anymore. There were large sections of the motorway network I would dread, knowing I would be shaken to death. When I hit the first of these (a stretch of the M42) I genuinely thought the road had been resurfaced, it wasn’t until I reached the second that I realised it was the Evoque doing all the work (and remember I have 20” wheels!). Well done JLR .... and my back thanks you. Also thanks to the guys at Halewood, the car feels a quality piece of kit and throughout all that wretched weather it felt wonderfully solid and its high speed stability instilled a great deal of confidence.

Thanks a lot guys and all the best for 2012.... you deserve a good year.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
25-12-2011 01:35am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Wired

RE: Thank you Gaydon & Halewood

That sounds great. Looking forward to getting some of thet experience myself as soon as Gaydon & Halewood manage to get production going enough to build my Evoque. Confused

Happy Xmas all from a sunny Madrid
25-12-2011 05:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply