Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Terrain Response System
Ezandania

Terrain Response System

To those Land Rover / Range Rover veterans here, I was wondering if you guys can elaborate a bit on this system. Unfortunately where I come from, we don't get the 'Land Rover Experience' showcase days provided by the dealer. We can only read from the manual. I was hoping more of a pictorial/video explanation (or more literature on it) of its practical applications.

I'm sure the explanation is beneficial to those new to the 'off-roading' experience. Or simply making full-use of the TR-system in day-to-day normal driving situations.

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
01-12-2011 04:27am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: Terrain Response System

There is a video on you tube explaining how it works on the freelander 2 but I can give you a brief description as I'm no expert.

Normal driving: basically as it says, increases fuel economy and reduces emissions on the road.

Grass/gravel/snow: a pre charge in the centre coupling to increases torque from a standstill but dampens throttle response and controls slip of the wheel.

Mud/ruts: provides lots of grip and controls slip of the wheel and sets traction control system to adapt to that surface.

Sand: increases torque ensures the car revs to the limit and holds on to gears for as long as possible, also 4wd is locked in to keep momentum and traction control is de sensitised to stop the car from bogging down.

Again I am no expert and this is notes from the few times I have been at the LRE centre.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 12:28pm by J77.)
01-12-2011 12:21pm
Ezandania

So i guess we can use grass/gravel/snow when driving in the wet or heavy rain on the highways?

2012 Evoque Dynamic Si4 Auto, Fuji White/Agility Dynamic Plus, 20" Style 6's, Panoramic Roof, Keyless Entry, Power Tailgate, Surround Cameras, 825W Meridian Sound, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenon HIDs
2003 Mini Cooper S
1999 Honda S2000
01-12-2011 06:42pm
Straydox

(01-12-2011 06:42pm)Ezandania Wrote:  So i guess we can use grass/gravel/snow when driving in the wet or heavy rain on the highways?

I'd be surprised if that were the case - off-road stuff is gernerally low speed where traction might be an issue. On the highway in heavy rain you would normally be expected to drive normally (i.e. sensibly for the prevailing conditions) you can still aquaplane off the road in a 4x4 just as well as a 2wd vehicle.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2011 08:18pm by Straydox.)
01-12-2011 08:13pm
defender_uk

(01-12-2011 06:42pm)Ezandania Wrote:  So i guess we can use grass/gravel/snow when driving in the wet or heavy rain on the highways?

No system not designed for that, and you shouldn't need it. The 4wheel drive system is more than adequate for that.

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
01-12-2011 08:19pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply