Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Radiator filler cap
Mikey777

Radiator filler cap

Hi All.
Anyone experienced problems taking off radiator filler cap?
I have tried and when unsrewing it goes loose and then when continue to turn seems very very stiff to move anti clockwise and didnt want to force it.
I am wondering if it has been crossed threaded but was unsure if another way to release?
Thanks,
MikeShocked

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
08-03-2013 12:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

RE: Radiator filler cap

(08-03-2013 12:16pm)Mikey777 Wrote:  Hi All.
Anyone experienced problems taking off radiator filler cap?
I have tried and when unsrewing it goes loose and then when continue to turn seems very very stiff to move anti clockwise and didnt want to force it.
I am wondering if it has been crossed threaded but was unsure if another way to release?
Thanks,
MikeShocked

Sounds pretty normal, the first release when it goes loose will let off any pressure in the system. you then feel it go a bit tight as you continue to unscrew the cap At least thats how it was on my last Audi.

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
08-03-2013 01:28pm
cutter7

It is normal..as speary replied, when it goes loose on the first turn it's just letting of pressure the rest of the un screwing is tight.

I think it's impossible to cross thread it.

08-03-2013 01:57pm
Mikey777

Many thanks Guys,
it just seemed very very tight after the initial undo and think it may be a wrench job to release as it seems that stiff?

(08-03-2013 01:57pm)cutter7 Wrote:  It is normal..as speary replied, when it goes loose on the first turn it's just letting of pressure the rest of the un screwing is tight.

I think it's impossible to cross thread it.

Pure 2.2 SD4, Manual, Firenza with cirrus, Pano, Zenons, Front Fogs, Camera, Privacy glass,
19" Style 4 and Spare
08-03-2013 02:39pm