Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tech pack sat nav
Pretty49er

Tech pack sat nav

Hi,

I would appreciate anybody's advice on the sat nav on the evoque, does it have a speed camera that I can activate, as I have been using it today and no warning of speed camera and the speed that I should be doing.

Thanks.
05-01-2012 07:43pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Straydox

RE: Tech pack sat nav

(05-01-2012 07:43pm)Pretty49er Wrote:  Hi,

I would appreciate anybody's advice on the sat nav on the evoque, does it have a speed camera that I can activate, as I have been using it today and no warning of speed camera and the speed that I should be doing.

Thanks.

Not according to the user manual. It seems that speed camera databases are more the domain of the portable navigation devices - i.e. Garmin or TomTom etc. Get yourself a RoadAngel or something similar.

To be honest few automtive maufacturers want to go down the speed camera location data road - it has all sorts of complex legal issues attached, not least of whcih is the continual threat of such capabilities being outlawed as they are in many other European countries.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
05-01-2012 08:03pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
defender_uk

RE: Tech pack sat nav

(05-01-2012 07:43pm)Pretty49er Wrote:  Hi,

Thanks.

no it doesn't. Not allowed to have for europe where such devices are illegal...

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
05-01-2012 08:03pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply