Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tears :(
ADZ

RE: Tears :(

Sorry to hear Griff. I've just gone and checked your post. Awesome insurers that you have. First for Women here really couldn't give a toss. My car has been sitting at the assessment centre since yesterday and I've had no further word. And of course, a loaner is just simply out of the question. I have to come up with my own arrangements. I hope that you get sorted real quick.

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
11-01-2013 11:11am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
griff

You to.
Can't you get the third party to provide you with a car whilst yours is off the road?

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
11-01-2013 11:28am
ADZ

Fat chance I'm afraid. It's times like these that one asks oneself why didn't I just tick the box for auto hire. Suppose the additional monthly premium wouldn't really be justified under the circumstances...

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
11-01-2013 11:50am
Americano

Oh my God......I'm with you on that !!!
I've could die for this............................ShockedConfused

Forza e coraggio!!!!

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Cirrus Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 19" Style 5 Wheels M+S Tyres
11-01-2013 02:17pm
ADZ

I know Americano. It's so annoying! Now I have to suffer because of some BMW driver Wink

11-01-2013 03:15pm
Evofirenze

Guys, sorry to hear!! Glad y'all well and not hurt.
ADZ you might want to check with you credit card company, in case like this your VISA [Gold] platinum should you have one, should be able to cover that or at least get you a reduced rental rate... Though it might depend on country...
My two cents. Good luck.

Si4 5 doors Dynamic, Firenze
Panoramic-Narvik Black, Adaptive Dynamics, Pack 2 & 4, Style 7, Electric TB...
(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 03:22pm by Evofirenze.)
11-01-2013 03:20pm
The Valeter

Very sorry for you, must be extreemly annoying though at least you are ok. I see the good old German technology in the ultimate Driving Machine (lol) worked well!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
11-01-2013 03:31pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
jitenc

Sorry about the incident... wish you luck in getting everything sorted...i am getting into the mind set that it can happen to anyone, but its nice to know that this forum has some sound advice and support..

Got mine : Dynamic Fuji White with Lux Pack and black contrast roof.
Optional extras : Privacy glass, Heated steering wheel and TPMS.
Me: Very HappyVery Happy
11-01-2013 04:10pm
ADZ

Yeah jitenc. It's awesome to hear the encouragement here. For sure everyone on this forum understands my pain. I've heard that the damage is around R50000. The insurers need to finalise the administration documents then the car will be sent for repairs. Could probably be without my baby for another month Sad Thanks for everyone's support.
(11-01-2013 03:20pm)Evofirenze Wrote:  Guys, sorry to hear!! Glad y'all well and not hurt.
ADZ you might want to check with you credit card company, in case like this your VISA [Gold] platinum should you have one, should be able to cover that or at least get you a reduced rental rate... Though it might depend on country...
My two cents. Good luck.
Hi Evofirenze. This is a great idea. I am a platinum Visa holder so I should probably investigate this possibility. Thanks!

(11-01-2013 03:31pm)The Valeter Wrote:  Very sorry for you, must be extreemly annoying though at least you are ok. I see the good old German technology in the ultimate Driving Machine (lol) worked well!

My husband drives an X3 (shock horror - trying to get him to buy an XF) and this will probably be my primary mode of transport for the next few weeks...

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2013 06:45pm by ADZ.)
11-01-2013 06:42pm
Amadeus

Ouch! It is distressing to see your pride and joy in such a state! At least no one injured. Girly support from Australia!

eD4 Pure Fuji Coupe | Tech Pack | Pano Roof | Cirrus Leather | Powerfold Mirrors | Xenons | 19" Style 3s | arr 5Apr13
(This post was last modified: 13-01-2013 12:11am by Amadeus.)
13-01-2013 12:06am