Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tears :(
Jai

Tears :(

To help lessen the blow I'd be keen in trying to buy the lower middle section of your rear bumper if you can manage to keep it. Please let me know, I'd pay about usd200 for it plus postage. Thanks Smile
13-01-2013 03:56am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ADZ

RE: Tears :(

Thanks Amadeus. Jai I believe from the insurers that the vehicle is still at the assessment centre. I will ask around about keeping the bumper and let you know. Smile

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
13-01-2013 08:38am
mark_n

I wouldn't bother - parts replaced will belong to the insurance company, need to be taken out of circulation for safety reasons.

Sorry to read about your accident, good you and family are safe.

R50000, about £3500. Sounds about right given new tailgate, rear valence, plus the various bits. Hopefully, the bumper underneath the cosmetic cover will have taken the impact and spared too much damage.

How long are they saying to repair? Amazing you cannot get a hire car given it's a no fault accident.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
13-01-2013 09:16am
ADZ

Absolutely Mark - it's a shocker of note. They haven't said how long the repair would be. The insurance person is apparently still wrapping up the administration process (takes 5 to 7 working days: I don't have to understand why I suppose). Only thereafter will the vehicle be released and the process start. I am on their case telephonically at least twice a day so here's hoping they find me so much of a pain in the butt that they expedite my matter.

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
13-01-2013 12:33pm