Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Td4 Vs SD4
musher

RE: Td4 Vs SD4

Test drove a SD4 manual today and without even asking was also allowed to take the car away for 45 mins on my own without the salesman present so had a good play with everything. I have to say was impressed with the pull of the car however, having driven a TDV6 RRS for the last 2 years, most things now seem quick to me which is why I think the TD4 will suit my needs.

The car I test drove had privacy glass and I was surprised from inside how much light it allowed in and how much of a clear view it allows.

It's a must for me, but your idea of getting it fitted at a later time sounds good.

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
16-09-2011 09:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

Musher, From what I understand and what I have read the performance of the manuals is virtually the same as the torque is not much difference. As people have said, to get the best out of the SD4 you need the Auto box, that just isn't an option for us!

Keep swaying from Td4 to SD4 and back again!! Decisions Decisions!!

I think we will deffo go for the privacy though Very Happy

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
16-09-2011 10:11pm
musher

I feel exactly the same way. Really need a pic to make my mind up though.

MY 14 Fuji 5 Door Dynamic SD4 9 Speed Auto Box with pano roof, auto boot, Auto dimming rear view mirror, Privacy glass, Mud Flaps, Bonnet/Boot black Lettering and 5 year service plan thrown in for good measure
16-09-2011 10:34pm
Gorjan

I also think 20 Nm of torque on the SD4 could not mean much difference, on the already solid, 400 Nm.
Also about refinment they should be the same, as it is the same engine, TD4 being just detuned in its ECU software

About the exhaust pipes, if you are getting a Dynamic, they all have 2 pipes, as I uderstood, both TD4 and SD4.

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
17-09-2011 07:16am
GibEvoque

(17-09-2011 07:16am)Gorjan Wrote:  I also think 20 Nm of torque on the SD4 could not mean much difference, on the already solid, 400 Nm.
Also about refinment they should be the same, as it is the same engine, TD4 being just detuned in its ECU software

About the exhaust pipes, if you are getting a Dynamic, they all have 2 pipes, as I uderstood, both TD4 and SD4.

In regards to this, the dynamic is just a trim that sits in front of the exhaust so you cannot actually see if single or twin exit.

As for difference in SD4 and TD4, i had a good think about how i actually drive, and the conditions i drive, i probably only ever accelerate full whack once in a blue moon, and how often do you get to find top speed with traffice, speed cameras and so on. So in reality 99.9% of the time you are never really going to be able to exploit the small difference in performance.

In my case i was considering between Si4 of TD4. Went for TD4 as means i could get electric seats and a couple of extra toys.

In any case if your holding on for a while i would recommend the TMC Motorsport Diesel tuning box, (they have one for freelander 2 TD4 taking it to 189bhp) this costs £300. I have a version on my current bravo 1.4T-jet and really pleased with it.

2012 RRE TD4 Auto Dynamic, Fuji white, Shadow Chrome alloys, Panoramic contrast roof
1983 Mk1 Golf Cabriolet 1.8 Gli - Plaything
2009 Fiat Bravo 1.4 T-jet Dyamic - Gone
1994 306 XSi - Long Gone
1985 Mk2 1.3 Golf CL - First LoveWink
17-09-2011 10:17am
musher

Am I right in thinking then that if I order a pure which is what I'm thinking of then both the TD4 and SD4 have a single exhust unless I order a prestigeConfusedConfused

17-09-2011 05:10pm
cjfp

Pure sd4 has twin exhausts. I think we r waiting for 100% confirm as to whether Td4 has one or two (one is the current thinking on here I believe)

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
17-09-2011 05:15pm
musher

(17-09-2011 05:15pm)cjfp Wrote:  Pure sd4 has twin exhausts. I think we r waiting for 100% confirm as to whether Td4 has one or two (one is the current thinking on here I believe)

I agree. Went and spoke to my dealer today and he says that as of yet he would be very surprised if any dealer's or customers have taken delivery of a TD4 and even he couldn't tell me if it had 1 or 2 exhausts, so I don't know where these comments about it having 1 are coming from. I've also trawled the internet for hours looking for a picture of 1 and couldn't find any showing this apart from all of the rear ends showing 2.

(This post was last modified: 17-09-2011 05:28pm by musher.)
17-09-2011 05:23pm
Jonathon555

The td4's I have seen have a single fat exhaust

Confirmed by Evoqueexpert on his thread & bell services

Would be interested to see how an ed4 goes

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
17-09-2011 05:34pm
musher

where do I find this threadConfused:

17-09-2011 05:37pm