Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tailgate Question ?
Sensorian

RE: Tailgate Question ?

(25-03-2012 02:47pm)invoke Wrote:  Just an FYI. This one way tailgate feature is solely exclusive to baby RR. None of the cars in NA market, be it japs, German or locally built have this ridiculous feature. LR lawyers just need another excuse to take a nap.

Yes US is a money oriented nation, however the fact cannot be ignored that both in US and Canada the safety standard excells the rest of the world. Unlike Europe where they even don't bother to control the air pollusion.

Regarding Audi, it was logic design fault. Why in the world a car can jump when you start? I don't think its the man behind the machine to be blamed for this.

Sorry not very convincing facts
. Warm Regards.

Particularly the bit about europeans not bothering about air 'pollusion'. Nice work. I love a good innacuracy.

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
25-03-2012 04:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Land Rover Techy

(25-03-2012 02:47pm)invoke Wrote:  Just an FYI. This one way tailgate feature is solely exclusive to baby RR. None of the cars in NA market, be it japs, German or locally built have this ridiculous feature. LR lawyers just need another excuse to take a nap.

Yes US is a money oriented nation, however the fact cannot be ignored that both in US and Canada the safety standard excells the rest of the world. Unlike Europe where they even don't bother to control the air pollusion.

Regarding Audi, it was logic design fault. Why in the world a car can jump when you start? I don't think its the man behind the machine to be blamed for this.

Sorry not very convincing facts. Warm Regards.

Evoque was the first car to be fitted with the power tailgate technology in the Land Rover Range Rover brand but i know its fitted to 2012MY Sports and will be fiited to the L405 Replacement to the Range Rover L322
25-03-2012 04:44pm
invoke

(25-03-2012 04:14pm)Sensorian Wrote:  Particularly the bit about europeans not bothering about air 'pollusion'. Nice work. I love a good innacuracy.

I dont know how it looks on papers, when I was there last year, I coughed my lung out... smoking is no where discouraged, plus the car pollution / smog every morning I was there made my stay truncated to just a week. never again with my only pair of left over lungs will visit London or Paris. .. Nice and south was though not bad. Comparatively, the air quality is much better even in NYC, LA or Toronto..

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
25-03-2012 11:40pm
mark_n

Smoking inside in public places is banned entirely in the UK, actually.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
26-03-2012 03:11am
lngrn36

(18-03-2012 06:43pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  I hate to bring your hopes down but this is the way the car was designed. Its safer to close the tailgate when standing at the back of the car, I mean you dont have buttons to open and close the doors on the Evoque, surely there comes a point when convienience becomes lazyness ?

REALLY?
That yours rebuttal? Give me a break.....

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
26-03-2012 10:31am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pureevoque

(25-03-2012 11:40pm)invoke Wrote:  I dont know how it looks on papers, when I was there last year, I coughed my lung out... smoking is no where discouraged, plus the car pollution / smog every morning I was there made my stay truncated to just a week. never again with my only pair of left over lungs will visit London or Paris. .. Nice and south was though not bad. Comparatively, the air quality is much better even in NYC, LA or Toronto..

REALLY????

When were you here 1952?

ed4 Pure 5 Dr, Fuji, Xenons, Front Fogs, Power mirrors & tailgate, 20" Style 6. Ordered 290611 Delivered 090312
26-03-2012 01:24pm
PhilSkill

(25-03-2012 11:40pm)invoke Wrote:  I dont know how it looks on papers, when I was there last year, I coughed my lung out... smoking is no where discouraged, plus the car pollution / smog every morning I was there made my stay truncated to just a week. never again with my only pair of left over lungs will visit London or Paris. .. Nice and south was though not bad. Comparatively, the air quality is much better even in NYC, LA or Toronto..

Smog... ???? Don't go to Bejing then, you'll drop dead getting off the plane! Rolling with Laughter

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
26-03-2012 01:34pm
VirtualCamper

(03-03-2012 11:27pm)VirtualCamper Wrote:  You think that's bad, I opened the auto tail gate in traffic while trying to dim the dashboard lights, I had to get out and close the tailgate by pressing the button on the tailgate. Definately agree that you should be able to reclose the tailgate from both the key fob and the dashboard switch.

Come-on Land Rover issue a software update and get all Evoques with auto tail gates updated, after all we paid enough for the option!

Well to answer my question LR have finally added the closure of the tailgate, but only if you also pay for keyless entry and have it with gesture close. well thats still no good for me as we want the towbar, so the gesture close can not be fitted!

what I need is one of those small units that someone on here sells and I fit to close the tailgate from the fob, it obviously is no longer a safet issue as was first suggest by LR back in 2012 !

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
08-01-2017 11:02pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

IIRC Philskill is the guy in the UK to contact about aftermarket tailgate closing mods

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 08-01-2017 11:11pm by XFullFatTim.)
08-01-2017 11:10pm
ss4pk

there is a fix on here if you search someone makes an attachment
09-01-2017 12:39am