Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tailgate Question ?
LDT

RE: Tailgate Question ?

(02-01-2012 05:08pm)Black Cat Wrote:  Why would you need to close it by the fob other than being bored on the 3rd floor?

Hands full?

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
02-01-2012 07:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Black Cat

If your hands are full then fiddling around with the fob would be harder than pressing the button on the tailgate. Unless you mean leaving it open while you climb to the 3rd floor (or otherwise) to press it from indoors. Hmmmm

Next....... Laughing
02-01-2012 07:21pm
invoke

(02-01-2012 07:21pm)Black Cat Wrote:  Why would you need to close it by the fob other than being bored on the 3rd floor?

its something about boys... touching, pressing, complaining... etc etc

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
(This post was last modified: 04-01-2012 04:01am by invoke.)
02-01-2012 09:39pm
VirtualCamper

(01-01-2012 05:28am)invoke Wrote:  While sitting in my office on the 3rd floor and looking down my new evoque, I pressed the lock button to check the range and unfortunately pressed the tailgate one to discover... Guess what !! it worked... my "wow" words shortly slurred to "what the heck !!" when I was unable to close the tailgate with the remote... I have to run down the parking lot in cold 28F to shut it........ who the heck is the designer of this module... so retarded... it only closes with the dedicated "close" switch on the tailgate....

is it the same for the rest of the evoques ?? Rolling Eyes

You think that's bad, I opened the auto tail gate in traffic while trying to dim the dashboard lights, I had to get out and close the tailgate by pressing the button on the tailgate. Definately agree that you should be able to reclose the tailgate from both the key fob and the dashboard switch.

Come-on Land Rover issue a software update and get all Evoques with auto tail gates updated, after all we paid enough for the option!

2017 Evoque SE Tech - Kaikoura Stone - > PREVIOUSLY - 5dr Pure Mauritius blue with panoramic roof, power tailgate.
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2012 08:04am by VirtualCamper.)
03-03-2012 11:27pm
Donny Dog

It's presumably a safety issue - at any distance from the door (even from the front seat) there would be a risk of not being able to see someone who could be trapped or injured.
03-03-2012 11:41pm
lngrn36

(03-03-2012 11:41pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  It's presumably a safety issue - at any distance from the door (even from the front seat) there would be a risk of not being able to see someone who could be trapped or injured.

This is not a safety issue in the states. My Chevrolet Equinox can be open and shut from the dash or key fob. It is easier using the key fob when you grab the las bag of groceries you can push the button on the fob in your hand instead of A) sitting those bags down and reaching up to push a button or B) reaching up over your head with the bags and pushing the button. Are you kidding me? Chevy has this figured out, but not LR?

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
04-03-2012 12:50am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Land Rover Techy

(04-03-2012 12:50am)lngrn36 Wrote:  This is not a safety issue in the states. My Chevrolet Equinox can be open and shut from the dash or key fob. It is easier using the key fob when you grab the las bag of groceries you can push the button on the fob in your hand instead of A) sitting those bags down and reaching up to push a button or B) reaching up over your head with the bags and pushing the button. Are you kidding me? Chevy has this figured out, but not LR?

I hate to bring your hopes down but this is the way the car was designed. Its safer to close the tailgate when standing at the back of the car, I mean you dont have buttons to open and close the doors on the Evoque, surely there comes a point when convienience becomes lazyness ?
18-03-2012 06:43pm
andrey1302

(18-03-2012 06:43pm)Land Rover Techy Wrote:  I hate to bring your hopes down but this is the way the car was designed. Its safer to close the tailgate when standing at the back of the car, I mean you dont have buttons to open and close the doors on the Evoque, surely there comes a point when convienience becomes lazyness ?

Had the same on the 2004 bmw, you just had to hold the button till the tailgate is fully closed, never had any problems and seems quite safe...

Fuji 3 dr Pure SD4
[Image: 124851.png]
23-03-2012 08:13pm
mark_n

Keep in mind that the whole thing of putting your foot on the brake when starting began in the US where some Audis were said to have shot forwards when the engine was started. Dim witted bird brain at the wheel more like, but the US is a highly litigious society where any mishap is always someone else's fault, so if LR's lawyers can sleep easy by omitting remote close of the tailgate, they will.

It used to be the case that you could visit the body manufacturing plant at Porsche in Stuttgart-Zuffenhausen which was fascinating until some stupid American woman sued Porsche because her designer tat had been singed by flying sparks. They paid up but permanently banned visitors from one of the most interesting parts of the factory to prevent any more of this litigious class-action nonsense.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-03-2012 07:34am
invoke

Just an FYI. This one way tailgate feature is solely exclusive to baby RR. None of the cars in NA market, be it japs, German or locally built have this ridiculous feature. LR lawyers just need another excuse to take a nap.

Yes US is a money oriented nation, however the fact cannot be ignored that both in US and Canada the safety standard excells the rest of the world. Unlike Europe where they even don't bother to control the air pollusion.

Regarding Audi, it was logic design fault. Why in the world a car can jump when you start? I don't think its the man behind the machine to be blamed for this.

Sorry not very convincing facts. Warm Regards.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
25-03-2012 02:47pm