Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TPMS sensors - necessity?
Barneyridge

RE: TPMS sensors - necessity?

What about the tyre value caps that indicate low pressure. I saw these in a christmas gift idea list. Tyrecheckers.com.au look interesting, don't know if they work though

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
21-11-2011 12:10pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
holeecow

Did anyone get a tire set without tpms?

I am just deciding now weather to get or not?
Thanks op! This is def helping me in my decision.

(20-11-2011 09:52am)mark_n Wrote:  I was prompted by this thread to go on to the configurator to look at the standard configurations and was really struck how few options there are for US and Canadian cars. Leaving aside the single engine choice, there is only a handful of options with all the rest, presumably, being standard. I am not sure but I believe TPMS has been a mandatory requirement in North America for a while, prompted by the problems at Firestone.

In canada we do not require tpms by law yet.
The post was kind of confusing? As we do not have the option to have/not have it.
For the people that did not get oem tpms, I am guessing LR have disabled it from factory?
If that's he case and I get a winter tire set. Is there a way to disable it from factory, so I don't get that annoying warning?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!
(This post was last modified: 18-03-2014 11:17pm by holeecow.)
18-03-2014 11:14pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Holeecow, if you PM our forum sponsor Dan@Duckworths he will get you the parts and the part number, he does exports worldwide for reasonable cost. TPMS is not a legal requirement yet in Europe but I had it on my last car and have specced it for the new one. I bought a set of TPMS sensors to fit into my winter tyre/wheels to avoid the alarm you also want to avoid. You can fit them to any of the OEM wheel designs - in the UK TPMS is only available with certain styles of wheel, but I have had no issues with fitting them to 19" OEM wheels shod with Pirelli Ice and Snow tyres. AFAIK you cannot disable TPMS, but as I don't have an Evoque at the moment I cannot confirm if you can enable/disable it from the info system in the dash settings.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-03-2014 12:28am by XFullFatTim.)
19-03-2014 12:26am
holeecow

(19-03-2014 12:26am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Holeecow, if you PM our forum sponsor Dan@Duckworths he will get you the parts and the part number, he does exports worldwide for reasonable cost. TPMS is not a legal requirement yet in Europe but I had it on my last car and have specced it for the new one. I bought a set of TPMS sensors to fit into my winter tyre/wheels to avoid the alarm you also want to avoid. You can fit them to any of the OEM wheel designs - in the UK TPMS is only available with certain styles of wheel, but I have had no issues with fitting them to 19" OEM wheels shod with Pirelli Ice and Snow tyres. AFAIK you cannot disable TPMS, but as I don't have an Evoque at the moment I cannot confirm if you can enable/disable it from the info system in the dash settings.

Thanks xFullFatTim!
Appreciate the help!
19-03-2014 03:09am
Jeroma

In canada we do not require tpms by law yet.
The post was kind of confusing? As we do not have the option to have/not have it.
For the people that did not get oem tpms, I am guessing LR have disabled it from factory?
If that's he case and I get a winter tire set. Is there a way to disable it from factory, so I don't get that annoying warning?

Any help would be great! Thanks guys!
[/quote]
I had TPMS sensors on my Renault Espace. At the first occasion I had them disabled by the dealer. Without doubt you will have to do this in case you fit winter tyres on rims without them .Later on when replacing the tyres I had them fully removed.
There is always a risk that the tyre centre is wrecking one during tyre change.
As they are colour coded they will have to stay at the same position on the car all the time, if not a wrong signal will be displayed.
I must admit that I look at my tyres almost daily, and check the pressure monthly or in case of doubt.
For me a good, nice reliable car, but no funny gadgets please.

Evoque MY2014 ED4 Pure Tech in Aintree Green - Almond/Expresso, priv. glass, rear camera etc...
other cars in house: Renault Megane CC
1960 Triumph TR3A in BRG - on Webers
1970 Triumph TR6PI in jasmine on EFI
19-03-2014 11:15am
jamesfeline

Hi

Our 2014 Evoque shows Tyre pressures in PSI in the middle screen

regards

Nick
18-08-2014 11:31am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I think now it is standard on all new cars in the EU

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-08-2014 01:55pm
Stadt Panzer

TPMS sensors - necessity?

Tim, EU law buddy as of 1 Nov.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
(This post was last modified: 27-08-2014 12:15pm by Stadt Panzer.)
21-08-2014 07:25pm
Beopaul

My 2014 US marker Evoque also displays PSI in each tire. Two months in I got a leak and TPMS caught it nicely.
27-08-2014 01:44am
HeartbreakRidge

(27-08-2014 01:44am)Beopaul Wrote:  My 2014 US marker Evoque also displays PSI in each tire. Two months in I got a leak and TPMS caught it nicely.

I knew about being able to read the PSI realtime with the dash on but not the engine, but I discovered the other day it also works when stop/start has the engine off!

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
27-08-2014 05:31pm