Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TPMS on 2nd hand wheels
moyzi

TPMS on 2nd hand wheels

Hi

Recently updated my alloys from standard 18inch to 20inch on my Evpque Pure 64 plate (2014MY). After getting them fitted a few miles later I got hit with a "Typre Pressure Monitor System Failure" upon inspecting these wheels it turns out who sold me them didnt have the sensors. So I bought a set of 4 from Maltings (Newer version of the sensor apparently this began in 2014)

So today I got the sensors fitted, took the car a long drive, left it half an hour and still getting the warning message and the computer is telling me there's no TPMS on the car?

Any idea's how I can clear this?
16-05-2018 06:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: TPMS on 2nd hand wheels

Did you give the supplier your car’s VIN, the latest TPMP valve stems are grey, you may have the pre-2014 sensors that are large flat things that sit inside the tyre attached to the valve stem. If you are going to the Scottish LaNd Rover Show May 26/27th Duckworths usually have a big stand, if you call them this week they may bring some North for you.
The other thing is do you have a full sized spare? Did you fit a sensor to that too?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2018 11:27pm by XFullFatTim.)
16-05-2018 11:26pm
moyzi

Thanks for getting back to me, I never checked the VIN but I bought the newer ones since I read those were needed for 14 plate onwards (small black units with silver valves attached)

I don’t have the spare tyre option, would I be worth trying to move my old units from my 18 inch wheels, the guy who told me to order new units said this was tricky and they can get damaged easily doing this.

If it something diagnostics may need to clear due to the change in wheel size?
17-05-2018 06:20am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

No don’t try to remove them, they are easily damaged

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-05-2018 08:05am
jeffersj

Fair bit of information here also
http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-TPMS--951...light=TPMS

Jeff

Member of Defender2 and Disco3/4 forums, currently driving a 90 300tdi and the Evoque Dynamic which is really my wife's car.
25-07-2018 09:53am