Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TPMS error
Stonecrestph

TPMS error

Hello All,

Im curious if anyone else has had this issue. I took my 2013 Evoque through a drive through carwash (not moving while the wash was in progress). while the wash was in progress, all four tire pressure sensors triggered the TPMS. I assumed it was due to a pressure change from warm tires vs cool water (South Louisiana USA). I drove the car home and assumed the problem would correct itself as the pressures returned to normal. drove to town the next morning and still have the same fault. I had my pressures checked by a tire shop, all normal.

I did some research and thought the system just needed to relearn the sensors. anyway, its been three days with multiple trips (20 miles +) each way and I still have the same fault on my display. Any insight is appreciated

Cheers
23-07-2017 10:19pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: TPMS error

It is a while since I had an Evoque but I assume that yours is one with the optional TMPS that only shows the tyre as loosing air and cannot be interrogated for each wheel's pressure as on the latest version that is mandatory for all new cars in the EU?

You might need to interrogate the info screen to see the warning messages and acknowledge it - IIRC you may have a small "i" showing on the dash to indicate that there is an unaknowledged warning message in the system. I could be mixing Evoque with my previous FFRR and previous Range Rover Sports that do have that sort of system for warnings. The TPMS on my 1st Evoque was the optional system that just advised that there was a tyre loosing pressure and didn't indicate the pressures but my 2nd Evoque (2014MY) did have the system that showed the pressure at each tyre on the dash.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-07-2017 10:43pm
Stonecrestph

(23-07-2017 10:43pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  It is a while since I had an Evoque but I assume that yours is one with the optional TMPS that only shows the tyre as loosing air and cannot be interrogated for each wheel's pressure as on the latest version that is mandatory for all new cars in the EU?

You might need to interrogate the info screen to see the warning messages and acknowledge it - IIRC you may have a small "i" showing on the dash to indicate that there is an unaknowledged warning message in the system. I could be mixing Evoque with my previous FFRR and previous Range Rover Sports that do have that sort of system for warnings. The TPMS on my 1st Evoque was the optional system that just advised that there was a tyre loosing pressure and didn't indicate the pressures but my 2nd Evoque (2014MY) did have the system that showed the pressure at each tyre on the dash.

correct. The display only shows low pressure warnings for each tire, not the pressure level of each tire. I have gone through the warnings menu and acknowledged the tire fault. But the root problem is the tires are all at proper pressure and its still triggering the warning. I had a slow leak in one tire, repaired the tire and inflated to indicated pressure, and the warning corrected itself. this has not happened this time, and its with all four tires at once, not just a single tire.
24-07-2017 12:42am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

My first Evoque was subject to a TPMS service bulletin as it would occassionally flash that I had a deflating rear tyre, it happened a lot if I were driving beside a line of parked cars so I assumed that it was picking up signals from other cars with the same system. Anyway after the service bulletin was applied I never had a false warning again.
Can you find out if your car has had the TPMS service bulletin done on it? You would need to access the service history and the outstanding bulletin list that is given if you put your car's VIN into the Land Rover Topix website.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-07-2017 05:00pm