Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TD4 to Twin Exhaust - Conversion Completed
RichardW66

TD4 to Twin Exhaust - Conversion Completed

Well, 9 months ago I ordered my Evoque, and with much enthusiasm waited (not always) patiently for the info from the dealer regarding build date etc. I joined this forum, searched the Net for pictures, videos and articles on the Evoque to familiarise myself with the car.
Then, about two months before the car’s due date I realised that the TD4 Evoque I ordered only had a single exhaust and it was only the SD4 diesel models that had the twin exhaust.
Well it was a trivial and possibly minor difference and certainly not one where I felt the need to spend the extra money to “upgrade” from the TD4 to the SD4. (Oh yes, I did give it some SERIOUS thought, but common sense prevailed.)
However when the car arrived, as great as it was and, as much as I enjoyed driving it, the rear bumper with just the one tail-pipe felt unbalanced. It niggled at me and so I did what any idiot would do, I changed the exhaust box from a single exhaust to a twin exhaust for less than £550.00 fitted and now I am even more happy with the look of the Evoque from behind…..

Single Exhaust:    
The cheap cover replacement:    
Twin Exhaust:    

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 05:16pm by RichardW66.)
13-12-2012 03:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: TD4 Twin Exhaust

I've got used to being a singleton, having said that it's something that I have thought about. It does look better with the twins.

Is it just the box the needs changing? and do you have the part number for the plastic cover?

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-12-2012 03:22pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RichardW66

RE: TD4 Twin Exhaust

(13-12-2012 03:22pm)J77 Wrote:  I've got used to being a singleton, having said that it's something that I have thought about. It does look better with the twins.

Is it just the box the needs changing? and do you have the part number for the plastic cover?

Hi J77, speak to Dan @ Duckworth, the RH exhaust panel for the bumper is £22+VAT

Land Rover will tell you that you need to replace the entire exhaust and that is how they quoted me, however the part for the MY13 was not in stock. I went and bought the rear box only from Miltek as well as the two bare side pipes and my fabricator fitted the tail-pipe and cut and welded the new exhaust box to the existing pipe work, took just over an hour. Very Happy

I was not looking to modify performance or sound (it does sound more meaty though, for me it was about the balance on the rear with two pipes rather than one.

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 03:42pm by RichardW66.)
13-12-2012 03:42pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J77

RE: TD4 to Twin Exhaust - Conversion Completed

Thanks, will look into it in the new year.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-12-2012 05:21pm
jos

compliment !
did the same thing last month with mine !
more in balance yet !
ed4 with spraying the lowest bumperparts
+_ 250 euros !

ORDER16-09/2011>DEL; 27-01/2012

eD4-PURE fuji /black int./coup
pano-roof/techPACK > done !;painted wheels
3cm lowering/2cm spacers ; ROOFwrap
already > 52.000 km drive ; average;1lit/14km
ré-painted bumperparts and mirrors

4 y.TT mk1
2 y.MINIc-S
4 y.TT mk2
1 yr mini CM;
so i fit exactly in de evoque-profile...
2015 > TTmk3......?
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 05:48pm by jos.)
13-12-2012 05:46pm
duckworthparts
Site Sponsor

i can confirm exhaust twin pipe is complete box and pipe all the way to the front of the vehicle and currently on back order

http://www.duckworthparts.co.uk
http://www.duckworthlandrover.co.uk - Vehicle Sales
My Direct Line: 01673 849873
Email: danroberts@duckworthlandrover.co.uk

You can make a paypal directly to the email above

[Image: hwc8.jpg]
13-12-2012 06:21pm
RichardW66

(13-12-2012 06:21pm)duckworthparts Wrote:  i can confirm exhaust twin pipe is complete box and pipe all the way to the front of the vehicle and currently on back order

Have to say to Dan, great service and assistance when I needed the RH tow eye cover to convert the bumper to twin exhaust. Thank you so much.

I just could not bring myself to wait for the MY13 part, that said I waited a week and a half for the Miltek box and fortunately found a fabricator that was willing to do more than just fit and clamp. All fitted today and looks and sounds very good, I am really pleased with the result.
Must say I can't understand why Land Rover even bothered with the single exhaust pipe, it looks cr@££y and what a waste of tooling and injection moulding to produce a different tow eye cover. I was quite disappointed when I discovered that the TD4 was single exhaust, but pleased that the process to convert was such an easy one.

Must also give a big thanks to Tim and Tony at Topgear Exhausts in Aylesbury who were very helpful in fitting and fabricating the fit of the Miltek exhaust that I supplied. Nothing was too much effort and the result is great.

Not sure if the admins mind if I post their link http://www.topgearaylesbury.co.uk/ but I searched high and low in High Wycombe to find a fitment centre that could or would do some cutting and welding on the premises.

(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 06:41pm by RichardW66.)
13-12-2012 06:29pm
xxxx5

looks great. Got to say I was disappointed when I found out that "my" TD4 only had one exhaust, but by luck my dealer ordered me a SD4 by mistake (its a long story and well documented on here). Glad I have the twin pipes now as it really finishes the back end of the car. Must admit the Miltek pipes look really smart and fill the hole nicely.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
13-12-2012 08:31pm
cjfp

(13-12-2012 08:31pm)xxxx5 Wrote:  and fill the hole nicely.

If you want, you could replace your tips as some others have done or get the recently released LR 'bolt on' tips

... And yes, I did refrain from making any smutty remarks, though it was very hard.

Damn .

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 13-12-2012 09:34pm by cjfp.)
13-12-2012 09:10pm
IKM

(13-12-2012 09:10pm)cjfp Wrote:  If you want, you could replace your tips as some others have done or get the recently released LR 'bolt on' tips
Was there a thread on that? Can't recall or find one. Sounds ideal!

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
13-12-2012 09:48pm